• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you like your Heaven?

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
A dead persons mind body organism as simply stopped for whatever reason, and there is no more life for that person, all workings of that body has simply stopped working, there is no spirit living within the body, its just something that arise from the Source and has gone back to the Source, the bodies life story has finished for ever.
I would love to see the data that supports your thesis. It takes as much faith to believe that as it does to believe in an after life. Me? I don't know one way or the other. I do know that I will love each person the best I know how and find out what happens after I die.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I would love to see the data that supports your thesis. It takes as much faith to believe that as it does to believe in an after life. Me? I don't know one way or the other. I do know that I will love each person the best I know how and find out what happens after I die.
Yes and of course your right, we simply don't know, what I share is my own personal experience, I don't just believe in what I have been told, that to me is second-hand useless knowledge, but yes in the end non of us truly knows.

te_lanus

Alien Hybrid
Heaven for me is a stopping point/resting place after death and before rebirth into a new life (here or anywhere else there is life in this huge multiverse)

roger1440

I do stuff
Given the diversity I see here at the Forum.....
Heaven could be anything....anything at all.

So...is it every man for himself.....get out of my way?
drag everyone with you...no one gets left behind?
give half to anyone who might ask?
give it all away and then follow?
Is it communistic?
Is it more like reclusive, with little contact and great distance between?

Conflict of any kind?
or no conflict tolerated?.....objection and rebellion dealt with

How about a brainwash?
no part of 'you' carries over.
You wouldn't know your self in a mirror.

How about stark naked?
no secret withheld....no dream unseen
Since being with my ex is hell, where she isn't would be Heaven.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
A dead persons mind body organism as simply stopped for whatever reason, and there is no more life for that person, all workings of that body has simply stopped working, there is no spirit living within the body, its just something that arise from the Source and has gone back to the Source, the bodies life story has finished for ever.
this I agree to....but I include the notion...
the spirit you have become.....the person you are....
is that portion that returns to it's Maker.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
this I agree to....but I include the notion...
the spirit you have become.....the person you are....
is that portion that returns to it's Maker.
I suppose you could call that animation from Consciousness while it is animating within the body a spirit, just like the electricity that animates through the light bulb, when the light bulb is in light, we could call that the spirit, but when the bulb is finished its time, then does the light itself go anywhere ?.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I suppose you could call that animation from Consciousness while it is animating within the body a spirit, just like the electricity that animates through the light bulb, when the light bulb is in light, we could call that the spirit, but when the bulb is finished its time, then does the light itself go anywhere ?.
no...more like.....
God created Man and turned him loose on the earth.
the design of the body will produce a unique soul on each occasion.
when the clay hardens.....it will fail....

the life (spirit) will then continue.

I do suspect a judgment call is pending.
some of us would be less than heaven can allow.

peace first

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Heaven could be anything....anything at all.
That is nonsensical. Perhaps you meant ...

Heaven could be conceived as anything....anything at all.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
no...more like.....
God created Man and turned him loose on the earth.
the design of the body will produce a unique soul on each occasion.
when the clay hardens.....it will fail....

the life (spirit) will then continue.

I do suspect a judgment call is pending.
some of us would be less than heaven can allow.

peace first
I think what you call a unique soul, is nothing more than genetics passed down, we are where we are because of billions of years of evolution, all originating from the so called big bang, everything that there is was always within that big bang.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
That is nonsensical. Perhaps you meant ...

Heaven could be conceived as anything....anything at all.
I don't know Jay. I actually think we create our own heaven or hell. I'm sure that most of us will have a mixed bag in that respect. Call it karma or whatever you want, but we will suffer or enjoy the consequences of our decisions here and possibly in the here after. Just because you don't see it that way doesn't make it nonsensical. :D

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I think what you call a unique soul, is nothing more than genetics passed down, we are where we are because of billions of years of evolution, all originating from the so called big bang, everything that there is was always within that big bang.
nope....you are unique.
there is no one else like you.

picture the universe with no One in it.

can you do this?

and the universe was empty until the chemistry of Man?
Man as a complete accident...with no life after death?
billions of souls and no one survives the last breath?
not one chance in billions?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I was referring solely to the non sequitur. You could be right or wrong, but it will have nothing to do with "the diversity I see here at the Forum."
and so that diversity might cross over into a spiritual life.

play along

you wake up and find your carcass has perished.
you are standing in spirit

what next?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
nope....you are unique.
there is no one else like you.

picture the universe with no One in it.

can you do this?

and the universe was empty until the chemistry of Man?
Man as a complete accident...with no life after death?
billions of souls and no one survives the last breath?
not one chance in billions?
As I said, everything was within the big bang, we were there also on some form waiting to be born billions of years later, if we as humans were not in this universe, it would still go one as it has, its the ego that thinks this cosmos is made for it and it only lol.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
As I said, everything was within the big bang, we were there also on some form waiting to be born billions of years later, if we as humans were not in this universe, it would still go one as it has, its the ego that thinks this cosmos is made for it and it only lol.
I place Spirit first.
God formed the singularity.

the formation of Man is a means to relieve the extreme solitude of being First.