• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you go from yin to yang and viceversa?

agorman

Premium Member
Suppose I'd want to make a spell, ritual or meditation to increase prosperity in my life (without the intervention of gods). Is wealth yin or yang? If wealth is related to the Earth, then I suppose it's yin, but some relate it to gold and the Sun, which are yang.

But I'm not really talking only about wealth; but if there's a known way in Taoism of replacing ideas in my life; yin with yang or yang with yin. e.g. going from poverty to wealth, from illness to health, from anxiety to calmness, etc. Not really going from one extreme to the other, but getting closer to the other pole (since too much yin turns into yang and viceversa).

I believe it's what's inside a person that counts in the end. I don't think you should have to do anything to try and change your fortune or anything else for that matter. If you have bad fortune, try not to think of it as the end of the world for you. A lot of the time I find it's your inner strength that gets you through the difficult times.

agorman

Premium Member
I believe it's what's inside a person that counts in the end. I don't think you should have to do anything to try and change your fortune or anything else for that matter. If you have bad fortune, try not to think of it as the end of the world for you. A lot of the time I find it's your inner strength that gets you through the difficult times.

Um... yes, of course and the true self is the source of that inner strength, but how do you release it?

vaguelyhumanoid

There is no dividing line between yin and yang. The two forces are not opposed - in fact, they're inseparable An abstract concept such as "wealth" certainly has its yin side and its yang side, though iirc mineral riches are associated more with yin maybe? In any case, you don't "go from yin to yang". You focus on things that bring out your own personal yin or yang. Replacing yin with yang, or vice versa, is not the right mindset. If you have too much of one, you add more of the other to balance it out, not frantically fish to remove aspects of yourself/your life.

HeatherAnn

I also see no strict, clear-cut dividing line between yin and yang.
As the symbol suggests, there is even a bit of yang in yin and yin in yang. :)
IE: Working (yang) - you receive money (yin).
Then you spend money (yang) and you receive something (yin).

Yet, each of those - there is the complimentary aspect...
In working, you may (ideally) receive pleasure.
In receiving money, you may give taxes.
In spending money, you may receive pleasure.
In receiving something, it may require special care.