• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Do Europeans Feel About Islam?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
You see no problem with generalising about Syrian refugees based on what you've seen some Muslim men and women do where you live?
Yes, and also what I read in their holy texts, see on the news and read about. If anyone thinks these people are going to go home after the war is done he is sorely mistaken.

I can only speak of how we deal in the USA, but honestly we just don't know many Muslims personally.

As far as refugees, it's just prudent to put them into a transition camp.

1) Don't know if they have diseases.
2) Don't know if they are terrorists.
3) Don't know if they are mentally stable otherwise.
4) Don't even know if they are from where they say they are.

We quarantine pets longer than anyone is interring refugees. This is just preposterous and puts the public health and safety at risk. As much as liberally media wants to demonize this treatment it is just common sense. Until we have the diagnostic information to figure out all of these variables any other course is sheer stupidity.
about as common sense as what Nazi Germany did. (sarcasm)

IdiNaPut

Ako možete čitati ovo, govorite hrvatski.
Yes, and also what I read in their holy texts, see on the news and read about. If anyone thinks these people are going to go home after the war is done he is sorely mistaken.

With regard to holy texts, there are thousands of interpretations of the Quran, and people spend their entire lives studying it for that reason. Without meaning to sound rude, how does your brief interaction with the Quran really prove anything?

As to the women walking behind men, there is NOTHING in the Quran which explicitly requires this specific practice.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Genocide came later on, making a certain group move into concentrated areas happened first.

Extremes only with you, eh? I can't help that your thinking process may damaged in that you are unable to see things past your nose. This isn't much that I can help you with.

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
So there was a post on Facebook today about the sale of an Australian dairy to a Chinese investor. A snippet of the post:

"Another sale of a national asset to an overseas investor despite a viable local bid! The only two things I see this 'government' doing are selling of our national assets to any foreigner who has dollars to spend ... and beefing up our 'security sector' to protect us from all of the imaginary terrorism."
One of the replies was:

"Sorry but they are not protecting us from "imaginary terrorism" at all...they are going to let 12,000 economic refugees in and amongst them a number of terrorists so they can do what they are doing to Germany and France..raping women and children beheading, insisting we change our ways to suit them. They are making it clear on a daily basis all over the world that their aim is for Islam and Sharia law to rule!"

"I'm sorry are you not seeing the stats coming from Europe? Are Christians or other religions today saying it is ok to rape non believers and marry children and expecting countries to change to suit their beliefs only?"

"Allowing in these economic refugees who by the way are mostly fit young men ( if you can call them men what sort of men leave their female family and children in the countries they see a need to flee from?) Is just going make the situation in Australia more like Europe."

"... currently there is little terrorism in Australia most probably because not too many terrorist have got in yet! Germany and France thought the same thing once. Imaginary!!! Sorry I don't think a huge majority of Europeans would agree with you there"
So I'd like to know what the Europeans on this forum thinks about the above?

Thank you :)

I am European descent, but 4th+ generation African by birth.
South Africa in many ways is a microcosm of the events you describe.
20+ years ago, the apartheid wall came down and many people
had similar fears to those currently held by the Europeans.

Let me put their fears into perspective.
In recent years Europe absorbed refugees representing 0.2% of their population.
In the same time South Africa absorbed refugees @ 10% of the population.

A country of 50 million absorbed 5 million, but 500 million cannot absorb 1 million.
Moreover the South African population is far more poor by several degrees of magnitude.

Eventually the world's borders are going to break down.
The sooner it happens, the better.

It will not be a perfect process, of course, but what human endeavors are perfect?

In 1990 South Africa faced far worse problems (proportionally) than what is going
on in the Northern hemisphere today. Terrorism was normal, but after the wall came
down, the terrorism just went away.

It really did just go away. Its because when people are not respected that they go crazy.

The Western world played a big role in coercing the Afrikaners and their Lord haw-haw croneys
to stop being a bunch of elitist paranoid fear-mongers.

So why does the west now keep its own larger apartheid walls?

Its just so nice to live without that paranoid big-brother militant government.

Global Government is the future.
The sooner, the better.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
With regard to holy texts, there are thousands of interpretations of the Quran, and people spend their entire lives studying it for that reason. Without meaning to sound rude, how does your brief interaction with the Quran really prove anything?
Brief interaction...

Lol.

GoodbyeDave

I'm British, and I don't want any more Muslims in the UK. Well, I'm happy about the Ahmadiyya and perhaps the Shia, but I draw the line at the Sunni. Why? The evidence is quite clear: they cannot assimilate.

We have had major problems in England with sexual abuse of teenage girls by Muslim men. The imam of the Oxford mosque has said the problem is one rooted in his community, where many regard both women and non-Muslims as inferior. Intimidation of women within the family (forced marriage, beatings, acid attacks, murder) is in excess of 3000 incidents per year, according to the police.

We have had problems with Muslim schools teaching anti-Semitic and other extremist views.

We have just had a Muslim murder an Ahmadiyya for praising Christianity.

In 2005 I was nearly on the train that was blown up by terrorists. Since then 40 terrorist plots have been foiled and 138 people convicted.

These problems are not just with immigrants straight of the plane: they often involve second or third generations.

mindlight

See in the dark
So I'd like to know what the Europeans on this forum thinks about the above?

Thank you :)

As a British man living in Germany I get to meet these refugees through my church and to hear their stories. I prefer the ones that come with families but I am developing a bit of a connection with some of the single young men who have come also.

Basically almost all of these guys coming out of Muslim cultures are afraid and have multiple experiences of torture , war, woundings and injustice. They live in fear of a brutal minority that rule by brute force and terrorise those weaker than themselves. If I were a young man in one of these cultures asked to sign up to the military or join some gang and blow up innocent people for my job I would want to leave also. Most of those that have come have a genuine appreciation of the peace and freedom they experience here.

What message is there about Islam from this experience of migrants? Well it seems clear to me that whether you want to describe this as a dark age for Islam or critique the religion per se it is clearly not working for most of those who live inside its prison walls. The escapees are the fortunate ones and I welcome them. But the main answer to the problem has to be inside the Islamic world itself. Either its collapse or reform are absolutely essential in the long run. The most dysfunctional cultures in the world are Islamic.

Fortunately there are signs of hope. Missionary movements are for the first time ever starting to achieve mass conversions of Muslims and especially in Africa. Also there is a clear and intense dissatisfaction with the status quo.

Unfortunately the transition to something better is likely to be prolonged and brutal and will result in the death of large numbers of people.

Tomorrows_Child

I'm British, and I don't want any more Muslims in the UK. Well, I'm happy about the Ahmadiyya and perhaps the Shia, but I draw the line at the Sunni. Why? The evidence is quite clear: they cannot assimilate.

We have had major problems in England with sexual abuse of teenage girls by Muslim men. The imam of the Oxford mosque has said the problem is one rooted in his community, where many regard both women and non-Muslims as inferior. Intimidation of women within the family (forced marriage, beatings, acid attacks, murder) is in excess of 3000 incidents per year, according to the police.

We have had problems with Muslim schools teaching anti-Semitic and other extremist views.

We have just had a Muslim murder an Ahmadiyya for praising Christianity.

In 2005 I was nearly on the train that was blown up by terrorists. Since then 40 terrorist plots have been foiled and 138 people convicted.

These problems are not just with immigrants straight of the plane: they often involve second or third generations.

138 people convictedo very a decade. From Jan 2015 to Sept 2015, over 300 arrests were made on counter terrorism charges, only 3o-ish convictions. Why are over ten times as many arrests being made? Scaremongering by a greedy/powerful few?

The NCA, that's the national crime agency has admitted that pedophilia is a far bigger issue in this country than so called "Islamic terrorism". Official statistics from the England and Wales prison system show that some 80% of inmates with regards to sexual assault (rape, pedophilia etc) are caucasian.

The MI5 has already put forward a report stating that conservative, practicing muslims are the least likely be "radicalised" and labeled so called "Islamic extremists" as "Islamic radicals".

Barely 1% of all terror attacks across Europe are carried out by Muslims.

But hey, don't let me burst your bubble. I'll keep to the facts you keep to Nigel Farage's manifesto.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Barely 1% of all terror attacks across Europe are carried out by Muslims.
Could you be good enough to define "terror attack" as used in those figures.
Also can you supply a reference as I'd like to use these figures in a talk I'm giving, if they stack up.

Raahim

مكتوب
This year in my country is 100th anniversary of accepting Islam as equal religion.:D

The overall view of Europeans on Islam really depends from country to country, there will be idiots everywhere (from both sides) but I have a feeling in my country people (older generations before the 90s war in Yugoslavia) have open mind to Islam. Newer generations are very ignorant in general on religions so I'm little worried to how they will view it.

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
Ohhhh,Atilla is coming ,so clear up your dish or they will take you!!! This,I did hear about my relatives for so many times.

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
I am European descent, but 4th+ generation African by birth.
South Africa in many ways is a microcosm of the events you describe.
20+ years ago, the apartheid wall came down and many people
had similar fears to those currently held by the Europeans.

Let me put their fears into perspective.
In recent years Europe absorbed refugees representing 0.2% of their population.
In the same time South Africa absorbed refugees @ 10% of the population.

A country of 50 million absorbed 5 million, but 500 million cannot absorb 1 million.
Moreover the South African population is far more poor by several degrees of magnitude.

Eventually the world's borders are going to break down.
The sooner it happens, the better.

It will not be a perfect process, of course, but what human endeavors are perfect?

In 1990 South Africa faced far worse problems (proportionally) than what is going
on in the Northern hemisphere today. Terrorism was normal, but after the wall came
down, the terrorism just went away.

It really did just go away. Its because when people are not respected that they go crazy.

The Western world played a big role in coercing the Afrikaners and their Lord haw-haw croneys
to stop being a bunch of elitist paranoid fear-mongers.

So why does the west now keep its own larger apartheid walls?

Its just so nice to live without that paranoid big-brother militant government.

Global Government is the future.
The sooner, the better.
Did it really? Could ZA really absorb and accept ''other Africans'' or their Africans? If so, why I lived İn Joburg for 2 years in a house protected with electrical fence although there were fully armed black securities in the compound who were ready to shoot any non white? Why are there still extra protection on the entrance of banks even in the most secure almost ''white only '' shopping centers? ( It was not pretty much funny to be trapped at the sliding door of the bank since I did not know the rules)

You and I may be against apartheid but definitely most of white africans still love it. I had a Zimbo financial coordinator who never could accept to eat food with me on the same table. They had a place but not with us.

Even in Kap, you are strongly advised not to walk after dark.

Don't let me mention about südwestafrika where blacks still cannot call you with your first name or wear their hats next to you while talking to you,neither in Belgium Congo where I also stayed for a long time.

I now live in the old french portion of Africa,things are better here. At least they don't yell out of fear and run away from me from the sidewalks when I walk in rush.

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
Did it really? Could ZA really absorb and accept ''other Africans'' or their Africans? If so, why I lived İn Joburg for 2 years in a house protected with electrical fence although there were fully armed black securities in the compound who were ready to shoot any non white? Why are there still extra protection on the entrance of banks even in the most secure almost ''white only '' shopping centers? ( It was not pretty much funny to be trapped at the sliding door of the bank since I did not know the rules)

You and I may be against apartheid but definitely most of white africans still love it. I had a Zimbo financial coordinator who never could accept to eat food with me on the same table. They had a place but not with us.

Even in Kap, you are strongly advised not to walk after dark.

Don't let me mention about südwestafrika where blacks still cannot call you with your first name or wear their hats next to you while talking to you,neither in Belgium Congo where I also stayed for a long time.

I now live in the old french portion of Africa,things are better here. At least they don't yell out of fear and run away from me from the sidewalks when I walk in rush.

Well its still better than having a bomb-blast go off across the road,
or the pub down the road that you decided to avoid for no real reason.

(I came pretty close to two bombs, in 1979, and in the early 90's)

I am just saying that, its better to get rid of the borders and deal with
problematic individuals than have fake borders that don't actually work,
other than to cause resentment.

Most people do not realize the bloodshed that would have escalated
simply due to the daily indignities that people were subjected to if apartheid continued.

If the whites had just negotiated for an independent Cape Colony, that could also work.

People don't actually mind dying. Its being treated as inferior for no reason
that makes them get really the hell in.

But I really think that countries that emit refugees should be declared non-states.
They should be the first to be controlled by a U.N. global government.
Its going to be quite ugly both ways, but global government at least has a goal.
Global govt can also be a warning to the Zuma's of the world.

Tomorrows_Child

Could you be good enough to define "terror attack" as used in those figures.
Also can you supply a reference as I'd like to use these figures in a talk I'm giving, if they stack up.

These are quite well known stats put forward by europol. Google them. The data is last available for 2013 if I'm not mistaken. I'm glad you didn't dispute any of the other facts or we'd be here all year.