• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can muslims watch TV or draw animate if its forbidden?

Firemorphic

Activist Membrane
Some interesting references.

My understanding is that only the Quran is the authoritative Word of God. Hadiths are stories and as you may know millions of them have been proven to be fakes and fraudulent.

So the way we can distinguish the true hadiths from the false ones is by comparing them to what is revealed by God in the Quran.

If the Hadith supports the text of the Quran good and well, but if it conflicts with the Word of God it is nothing but a fabrication.

The standard as far as I’m concerned is the Quran by which truth can be distinguished from falsehood.

No offense but if you honestly follow that logic all the way, then it automatically disproves your own religion - which steams from a "fulfilled" prophecy from a mystical eschatological sect (Bayani/Babism) from within Twelver Shi'ism, which follows a different logic to what you're saying in regards to the Qur'an and the prophet......because Hadith are necessary in the first place for such a mystical sect to emerge in the first place. As a Shi'i, I obviously don't think it's a bad thing, well, at least in reference to the Prophet, Imams and Bab himself.
Hadiths are primarily evaluated by their lineage and spread, it depends how close we can tie it (through a tree of references) back to the person who said it, it's a form of scientific method based on a saying's traceablity (and yes, there is obvious contention between Shi'i and Sunnis on the results of this).

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
No offense but if you honestly follow that logic all the way, then it automatically disproves your own religion - which steams from a "fulfilled" prophecy from a mystical eschatological sect (Bayani/Babism) from within Twelver Shi'ism, which follows a different logic to what you're saying in regards to the Qur'an and the prophet......because Hadith are necessary in the first place for such a mystical sect to emerge in the first place. As a Shi'i, I obviously don't think it's a bad thing, well, at least in reference to the Prophet, Imams and Bab himself.
Hadiths are primarily evaluated by their lineage and spread, it depends how close we can tie it (through a tree of references) back to the person who said it, it's a form of scientific method based on a saying's traceablity (and yes, there is obvious contention between Shi'i and Sunnis on the results of this).

There is another scenario whereas Hadith may be acdeoteable and that is if a Manifestation of God confirms it to be true. In the case of both the Bab and BahaLlah certain Hadiths were quoted which elevated them to the Word of God as anything spoken by a Manifestation becomes the Word of God.

So the reason Bahais accept certain Hadiths is because a Manifestation of God has confirmed them but that doesn’t mean all Hadiths are true or accurate or to be followed.

This is just our belief. Thanks for your comment.