• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How are these Great Beings explained?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Jesus said the Spirit of Truth will come and lead us into all truth. That is in scripture. He did not say his mother Mary and others in heaven would help us. No scripture even remotely similar.

How is it wrong if he did not say it?

If I had a child and my child talked to her Aunt Sally. If I didn't tell my child not to talk to her, how is that child wrong?

Do you believe spirits are eternal?

I don't believe there is a separation between "life and death". Spirits are the same here as they are when the body dies. So Mary, to Catholics, is still alive in spirit as she would be in body. There isn't a transition.

Unless your'e saying because christ didn't speak to his mother, christians shouldnt, I don't see why it's wrong to talk to christ's mother who believed in her son.

I can understand if scripture said don't speak to people who are dead (in sin) as in the pearls and swine thing but these people they talk with are not dead. Since there is no separation between being with god on earth and being with god afterlife, what about it is a sin?

Especially when you said it was not mentioned?

Evie

If I had a child and my child talked to her Aunt Sally. If I didn't tell my child not to talk to her, how is that child wrong?

I don't believe there is a separation between "life and death". Spirits are the same here as they are when the body dies. So Mary, to Catholics, is still alive in spirit as she would be in body. There isn't a transition.

Unless your'e saying because christ didn't speak to his mother, christians shouldnt, I don't see why it's wrong to talk to christ's mother who believed in her son.

I can understand if scripture said don't speak to people who are dead (in sin) as in the pearls and swine thing but these people they talk with are not dead. Since there is no separation between being with god on earth and being with god afterlife, what about it is a sin?

Whatever scripture states, that is what I believe.. If it does not state it then it cannot be assumed. I am not trying to say who is right and who is wrong. Just what is Biblical and what is not Biblical. It states a few times in scripture 'do not add to my Word.' I can forward them if you want. There are those who argue that the Bible was put together by human hand, the book selection. But no matter, if I read scripture wholly believing it is the Word of God, I will be led to the truth. By the Spirit of Truth as Jesus promised. And that to me settles any question of how His children will come into the knowledge of God.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Well all I can go by is God's Written Word. Also, in Ecclesiastes 9:6. scripture goes on to say. Quote: Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.'

Evie, the questions I'm asking I honestly want to know the answers to. I have several in these different replies.

Evie

Whatever scripture states, that is what I believe.. If it does not state it then it cannot be assumed. I am not trying to say who is right and who is wrong. Just what is Biblical and what is not Biblical. It states a few times in scripture 'do not add to my Word.' I can forward them if you want. There are those who argue that the Bible was put together by human hand, the book selection. But no matter, if I read scripture wholly believing it is the Word of God, I will be led to the truth. By the Spirit of Truth as Jesus promised. And that to me settles any question of how His children will come into the knowledge of God.
And yes I believe in the Spiritual City ,where all believers in Jesus and His Written Word will be when the time comes.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Here is the thing:

The Church is what chose what books are inspired and what books are not. In that sense, whatever you read from scripture is what The Church not protestants decided for you to believe is inspired.

All religions back then are communal in nature. They all had oral traditions. Christianity isn't different in that regard unless you're making Christianity more new age.

I mean, if someone wrote a book about you, why would I assume that everything in that book is the only thing said about you. You are no more than what's in that book?

To me, limiting christ to the apostles words is strange. What does christ tell you about this. Not the bible. Christ. (Remember, hebrew scriptures didn't speak of christ, they spoke of the creator). So, basically, were the disciples wrong after christ died when they preached about christ that isn't in hebrew scriptures?

Sola scriptura is not realistic. It doesn't take into account people's cultures, traditions, and time period of that day compared to our own. It doesn't focus on how the truth of oral traditions are usually not written down but passed by generations and kept within the family.

Evie

Spiritual City?

Where are the spirits now?
It is a comforting thought to believe they are in Heaven looking down. But is it the truth? I have grieved over lost loved ones but I choose to not believe something possibly untrue simply because it is comforting to do so.

Evie

It is a comforting thought to believe they are in Heaven looking down. But is it the truth? I have grieved over lost loved ones but I choose to not believe something possibly untrue simply because it is comforting to do so.
The only fact I can go by, is that it is not in the Bible.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I keep asking about the Greeks and Romans and Egyptians and all the other great civilizations. I guess even Persia had a great civilization. So what about their religions? The Baha'is don't seem to include the gods and prophets from those religions at all. Osiris and Mithra and who knows who else.

There are hundreds, all over, in indigenous cultures, outside the middle east, in Asia. I get the idea that if the Manifestation didn't speak about them they didn't exist. After all, he is infallible.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I wish I had it but it was years ago. I read in the bible that christians are taken immediately to christ after death and the dead in christ sleep. Both wait until judgement day. Christ tells the latter he didn't know them. Christ tells christians he will judge them by their deeds.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
My main hope and concern is once we Baha'is overcome all this oppression like in Iran, we don't start becoming oppressors ourselves. Although the Universal House of Justice are guaranteed to stay on the right and good path, we as individuals have no such guarantee.

Hopefully we can contribute something worthwhile to humanity before our decline and all religions do suffer decline and have always opposed the next Manifestation.

Yes, I would hope that if power came, violence wouldn't follow. Often it does though. Look at when communism overthrows previous brutal kingdoms.

My faith seems to still be going strong. Over 1000 temples in America now, and the influence is widespread in hatha yoga, etc. It's certainly pretty time tested, unlike Bahai.

Evie

You asked about believing what a book written about me said. The very big difference is. A MAJOR difference is: that a Christian has the Spirit of Truth to lead them to the truth when reading god's Written Word, the Bible. A book written about me or anyone else would not.

Evie

I wish I had it but it was years ago. I read in the bible that christians are taken immediately to christ after death and the dead in christ sleep. Both wait until judgement day. Christ tells the latter he didn't know them. Christ tells christians he will judge them by their deeds.
Consider this: I am not absolutely certain what scripture says, but I will look it up. However, isn't the main thing to believe? To have faith that you will be with Him whenever that may be, and wherever He is? It is unnecessary to try and figure it all out. Only believe. God will absolutely honour His promises. Through Jesus. Scripture states: Jesus said' no one comes to the Father but by me.'

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
You asked about believing what a book written about me said. The very big difference is. A MAJOR difference is: that a Christian has the Spirit of Truth to lead them to the truth when reading god's Written Word, the Bible. A book written about me or anyone else would not.

Not a comparison of what is true and what is not.

Why would I expect that the all knowing god can be held in one book when my whole life time would take over sagas to fill if that?

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Consider this: I am not absolutely certain what scripture says, but I will look it up. However, isn't the main thing to believe? To have faith that you will be with Him whenever that may be, and wherever He is? It is unnecessary to try and figure it all out. Only believe. God will absolutely honour His promises. Through Jesus. Scripture states: Jesus said' no one comes to the Father but by me.'

Do you understand my point?

You should not need scripture to have faith in christ.

The Church chose scripture not protestants so to a anticatholic they are using Church approved scriptures to prove teachings in their bible as if it were not.

You cant fit a whole person in a book, never mind the creator himself.

Evie

Not a comparison of what is true and what is not.

Why would I expect that the all knowing god can be held in one book when my whole life time woukd take over sagas to fill iff tha?
At this point I will send a couple of scriptures which are relevant to what to accept as truth and what not. Proverbs. 30:6. 'Add not unto His words, lest He reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.' Also. ' For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in the book'. 'Revelations' . 22: 18 '

Evie

The Church chose scripture not protestants so to a anticatholic they are using Church approved scriptures to prove teachings in their bible as if it were not.

Without having read the Bible and God's promises, Jesus and the Gospel of Christ, i would not have the belief. And by reading scripture, His Written Word, I will be led by the Spirit of Truth into all truth. He is the Way. The only Way.

Evie

The

Bible is a spiritual book. The Word of God is eternal and everlasting. To be read with physical eyes, but understood spiritually as led by the Holy Spirit.

Evie