• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How are these Great Beings explained?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
We need a mediator between man and God. We can't receive God directly like the earth cannot receive the descent of the sun so it receives light and life from the rays of the sun and the Manifestations are the Rays emanating from God.

When I go outside, the sun hits me directly. I get direct energy or in other words, a direct connection with life and gratitude of it. Many religious rather go outside and experience the sun directly.

There is not possible (and in my opinion, no need) to experience the sun by reading about it your bedroom with the door closed. You can have millions of books from millions of prophets, but if you have not experienced the sun, you depend on knowledge.

Spirituality is about experience.

What is the logic beyond (not dictation from) not experiencing god directly?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
When I go outside, the sun is hitting me directly. I am getting direct energy or in other words, a direct connection with life and gratitude of it. Many religious rather go outside and experience the sun directly.

There is no need (and in my opinion, not possible) to experience the sun by reading about it your bedroom with the door closed. You can have millions of books from millions of prophets, but if you have not experienced the sun, you depend on knowledge.

Spirituality is about experience.

What is the logic beyond (not dictation of) not experiencing god directly?

If the sun hit you directly you would cease to exist. Don't you mean the sun's 'rays' hit you directly?

But the arguments some use that you can't get spirituality from the Word of God is complete nonsense because I myself am witness to it. There is a tremendous spiritual force within the Words of Baha'u'llah that I experience all the time and so do other Baha'is. Ask them.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
If the sun hit you directly you would cease to exist. Don't you mean the sun's 'rays' hit you directly?

But the arguments some use that you can't get spirituality from the Word of God is complete nonsense because I myself am witness to it. There is a tremendous spiritual force within the Words of Baha'u'llah that I experience all the time and so do other Baha'is. Ask them.

I know your experience comes from what is written. The rays of the sun are the sun. They are not separate from the sun.

When an astronaut goes out in space, he is still facing the sun regardless how far he is from it. THe sun is made up of hydrogen, hilum, oxegen, etc. The rays are the sun because it is not a physical object one can get close to in the first place.

When you get spiritual knowledge from a book, it's a reflection of an experience that is present without it. Except some people can't find god by direct experience so they find a book they are inspired from to get a reflection of that experience.

The problem with that is assuming inspiration is the same as the experience with god. That's like assuming love poetry is the same as actual unconditional love.

There is a difference.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Your religion can't achieve unity when true religion only involves god.

Wrong. The Baha'i Faith revolves around the oneness of all humanity not around everyone believing in God. This is where your lack of knowledge about the Baha'i Faith really shows up.

The Onenss of humanity is the basic principle of the Baha'i Faith not that everyone must accept God. So considering all humanity are one family we can unite. It doesn't matter if you believe ina God or not or are an atheists or pagan, you are accepted as an equal.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Wrong. The Baha'i Faith revolves around the oneness of all humanity not around everyone believing in God. This is where your lack of knowledge about the Baha'i Faith really shows up.

The Onenss of humanity is the basic principle of the Baha'i Faith not that everyone must accept God. So considering all humanity are one family we can unite. It doesn't matter if you believe ina God or not or are an atheists or pagan, you are accepted as an equal.

Seriously? You are contradicting yourself. Either everything came from god or it does not.

You cannot have both.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
I know your experience comes from what is written. The rays of the sun are the sun. They are not separate from the sun.

When an astronaut goes out in space, he is still facing the sun regardless how far he is from it. THe sun is made up of hydrogen, hilum, oxegen, etc. The rays are the sun because it is not a physical object one can get close to in the first place.

When you get spiritual knowledge from a book, it's a reflection of an experience that is present without it. Except some people can't find god by direct experience so they find a book they are inspired from to get a reflection of that experience.

The problem with that is assuming inspiration is the same as the experience with god. That's like assuming love poetry is the same as actual unconditional love.

There is a difference.

Learning a combination of a lot of things. But the Word of God is unique in that it has an invisible power that can recreate a person spiritually.

What people think is God is not God because anything you imagine is God is only your imagination of God not God Himself. So when we form this concept of God in our minds and then worship it what we are doing is not worshipping God but our imagination of God.

God is unknowable and so we can only know His attributes such as love and justice and mercy etc. And we know of these attributes through His Manifestations and the Holy Books.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Seriously? You are contradicting yourself. Either everything came from god or it does not.

You cannot have both.

I'm saying that humanity doesn't all need to believe in God to unite. Understand?

Humanity can unite around our common humanity not our beliefs. If we all accept each other as equals we can have peace. It is not meant that everyone must believe in God to have peace.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

And thank you for saying I am wrong, by the way. At least I know your point is, you disagree and I know the point of your backup from there. It didn't cause wars or disagreement. Just an opposition in beliefs. @Vinayaka

If your religion is based on god as a foundation, it can't be just a Bahai foundation. God is the god of all people, right? All manifestations of all people, right?

You can't have unity if it is based on god. If you disagree, you are the only god-religion I know who doesn't believe unity isn't based on god. Unless he's not the creator.

Learning a combination of a lot of things. But the Word of God is unique in that it has an invisible power that can recreate a person spiritually.

What people think is God is not God because anything you imagine is God is only your imagination of God not God Himself. So when we form this concept of God in our minds and then worship it what we are doing is not worshipping God but our imagination of God.

God is unknowable and so we can only know His attributes such as love and justice and mercy etc. And we know of these attributes through His Manifestations and the Holy Books.

In my opinion, it sounds like you don't trust yourself to have a direct connection with god. Books can only do but so much but if you believe in The Buddha's teachings to, you'd understand that god and sacredness are illusions. They bring suffering.

If you want to learn about god, just like a friend you haven't met you, you have to find a way to contact him or her directly. For example, prayer is one of the most useful (and popular) ways of connecting with god. If you don't know the power of prayer, then Bahaullah's words, in my opinion, wouldn't mean much.

What you are saying is god relies on prophets. Jesus never taught that. He taught go to the father directly. But people insist to worship him or use him as an idol, prophet, manif, whatever you want to call it when that was not his purpose.

I know your belief. I'm asking the logic in it. If god is a personal god and unknowable, how does someone else's words overpower your experiences?

Can you experience god without reading Bahaullah's words?

Is the Certitude (etc) idols to you?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Compare the Life and Person of Baha'u'llah and His Teachings to them.
They are the same. Love the humanity and consider me as one on a special mission from God.
Then the best thing is to stick to them as they are truth. I regularly read Buddhist and Hindu texts and they are truth.
I do not think so. What you said of Buddha is completely against his view. And you are talking of true Hinduism. Hinduism is a many faceted jewel. We have atheists, polytheist, and all the flavors in between, Deists, Henotheists, Monists, Dualists, Monolatrists, Kathenotheists, Panpsychists, Panentheists, Pantheists, Transtheists and even Monotheists.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I'm saying that humanity doesn't all need to believe in God to unite. Understand?

Humanity can unite around our common humanity not our beliefs. If we all accept each other as equals we can have peace. It is not meant that everyone must believe in God to have peace.

I said if you believe in god, god is the foundation of everything.

You have told me you and I have no common ground. Therefore above is lesser peace and superficial acceptance of diversity.

If you welcome diversity, what makes humanity a common ground beyond our being human?

Remember, compassion and love are different because are religions differ.

So, what is humanity?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
So we go to the monk and ignore these words of Buddha?
He never claimed to be a manifestation. He said check for yourself if you consider what the person says is true. To accept Bahaullah's words, I need a proof for existence of One God and that he authorized Bahaullah to teach the true message to the world. Did Bahaullah give any such proof?
Wrong. The Baha'i Faith revolves around the oneness of all humanity not around everyone believing in God.
Why do I need Bahaullah as a manifestation of One Go to realize the oneness of all humanity? It is self-evident. He is superflous for that matter.

Last edited:

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
And thank you for saying I am wrong, by the way. At least I know your point is, you disagree and I know the point of your backup from there. It didn't cause wars or disagreement. Just an opposition in beliefs. @Vinayaka

If your religion is based on god as a foundation, it can't be just a Bahai foundation. God is the god of all people, right? All manifestations of all people, right?

You can't have unity if it is based on god. If you disagree, you are the only god-religion I know who doesn't believe unity isn't based on god. Unless he's not the creator.

In my opinion, it sounds like you don't trust yourself to have a direct connection with god. Books can only do but so much but if you believe in The Buddha's teachings to, you'd understand that god and sacredness are illusions. They bring suffering.

If you want to learn about god, just like a friend you haven't met you, you have to find a way to contact him or her directly. For example, prayer is one of the most useful (and popular) ways of connecting with god. If you don't know the power of prayer, then Bahaullah's words, in my opinion, wouldn't mean much.

What you are saying is god relies on prophets. Jesus never taught that. He taught go to the father directly. But people insist to worship him or use him as an idol, prophet, manif, whatever you want to call it when that was not his purpose.

I know your belief. I'm asking the logic in it. If god is a personal god and unknowable, how does someone else's words overpower your experiences?

Can you experience god without reading Bahaullah's words?

Is the Certitude (etc) idols to you?

With regards to unity . There are different kinds of unity. The family, the community, the nation, the world, one's religion. The unity of mankind is to love all humanity unconditionally regardless of what they believe. This is achievable.

We cannot force others to accept God. We just must accept others the way they are then we can be united.

I don't believe Buddha ever said God was an illusion. But attachment to the senses does brings suffering.

We Baha'is pray to God. All our prayers are addressing God.

I agree that Christ or His personality rather than the truth within Him has become like an idol. God is independent of the Prophets. The sun can exists without the rays but the rays can they exists independently of the sun? No they can't.

Baha'u'llah's Words are not just 'someone else' they are God's Words. God's Words can change hearts, empower people, bestow knowledge and spiritual life.

I'm saying we are the ones not God who rely on the Prophets as we cannot directly experience God direct. It would be like trying to visit the sun. The light of the sun reaches us through its rays.

God exists for everyone so any person can pray to God but seeing God the way His Manifestation sees Him is to see God more clearly and so we gain a deeper appreciation and love for God than if we just worship our own ideas of God.

Certitude is not an idol.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
With regards to unity . There are different kinds of unity. The family, the community, the nation, the world, one's religion. The unity of mankind is to love all humanity unconditionally regardless of what they believe. This is achievable.

There is only one. Family, community, nation, world, and religion all go together. That is why there is no common foundation.

Working together is achievable. Common foundation is not.

We cannot force others to accept God. We just must accept others the way they are then we can be united.

Take out the word force.

If you accept diversity, you accept that each has their own foundation. It is not One. You said they are one many many many times and disregard other people view for that of the words of bahaullah and god.

Either listen to the people who follow the faith or listen to your god and override the people. It can't be both.

I don't believe Buddha ever said God was an illusion. But attachment to the senses does brings suffering.

Then you do not believe in The Buddha's teachings. Attachment to god (in his case, the Hindu gods) is a form of suffering. He challenge Hindu gods to prove his point and one it. God (the abrahamic one) isn't in Buddhism. He challenged and disproved Hindu gods.

As an atheist, I don't see the difference between the god of abraham and hindu gods as beings if they were not defined by their culture, language, and tradition.

We Baha'is pray to God. All our prayers are addressing God.

Why address god if you can't receive any message to him directly?

If he is unknowable accept through his prophets, the point of prayers is moot. Logically, you'd go to the prophet's words (which you do) to talk about god rather than from your own experiences.

I value people's experiences. That's why we don't agree.

I agree that Christ or His personality rather than the truth within Him has become like an idol. God is independent of the Prophets. The sun can exists without the rays but the rays can they exists independently of the sun? No they can't.

No. People are worshiping christ, the person, as if he is actually god. There is no abstract language involved.

They believe the person has the truth or personality and without his life, death, and resurrection (all literal) all the spiritual truths he has would not exist.

If you need the prophets to understand god and god doesn't talk to you directly, he is dependant on the prophets for you to understand him.

The rays are the sun. No analogy.

Baha'u'llah's Words are not just 'someone else' they are God's Words. God's Words can change hearts, empower people, bestow knowledge and spiritual life.

This emphasis my point above (and in my post). Without god's words, do you have god? When god's words change your heart, empower you, and bestow knowledge, you are using those words as an idol. That is your faith.

Other people go to god directly. Nothing wrong with that. The issue is finding unity between prophet and non prophet faiths. Half of you are saying go to god directly the other half, go through someone else to get to him.

I'm saying we are the ones not God who rely on the Prophets as we cannot directly experience God direct. It would be like trying to visit the sun. The light of the sun reaches us through its rays.

Why pray to god if you can't experience him directly?

That's like writing to my friend overseas but not expecting her to write me back unless she did so through someone she know that already passed away.

God exists for everyone so any person can pray to God but seeing God the way His Manifestation sees Him is to see God more clearly and so we gain a deeper appreciation and love for God than if we just worship our own ideas of God.

To me "god" is an experience. It's (not him and not her) life itself. Energy. Spirits (with an -s) all for healing and communication. It's not separate from life. There are no prophets in between. So prayer is founded on one's individual experience with their experiences and life itself.

If you don't trust your experiences, you go to an outside source. In my opinion, god doesn't work that way. If you say you have a personal relationship with god, it is personal. By having a personal relationship with the prophets, you are putting the prophets the same level as god.

In other abrahamic traditions, that's idolism.

Certitude is not an idol.

It is. Nothing wrong with that. If it were not, you would not need it to express yourself about your faith. Your dependance on scripture makes Bahaullah's and other prophet's writings idols.

That is a fact.

Most of what I'm saying are facts. I don't have much opinions outside of cultural appropriation because I don't believe in god. But I can express what I know based on my experienced and what I read.

I just don't base what I know on knowledge. That's our differences. Finding a common ground is important. If you admit there is none, how can you accept who I am if you separate us by not having a common ground as your prophet says we have?

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
There is only one. Family, community, nation, world, and religion all go together. That is why there is no common foundation.

Working together is achievable. Common foundation is not.

Take out the word force.

If you accept diversity, you accept that each has their own foundation. It is not One. You said they are one many many many times and disregard other people view for that of the words of bahaullah and god.

Either listen to the people who follow the faith or listen to your god and override the people. It can't be both.

Then you do not believe in The Buddha's teachings. Attachment to god (in his case, the Hindu gods) is a form of suffering. He challenge Hindu gods to prove his point and one it. God (the abrahamic one) isn't in Buddhism. He challenged and disproved Hindu gods.

As an atheist, I don't see the difference between the god of abraham and hindu gods as beings if they were not defined by their culture, language, and tradition.

Why address god if you can't receive any message to him directly?

If he is unknowable accept through his prophets, the point of prayers is moot. Logically, you'd go to the prophet's words (which you do) to talk about god rather than from your own experiences.

I value people's experiences. That's why we don't agree.

No. People are worshiping christ, the person, as if he is actually god. There is no abstract language involved.

They believe the person has the truth or personality and without his life, death, and resurrection (all literal) all the spiritual truths he has would not exist.

If you need the prophets to understand god and god doesn't talk to you directly, he is dependant on the prophets for you to understand him.

The rays are the sun. No analogy.

This emphasis my point above (and in my post). Without god's words, do you have god? When god's words change your heart, empower you, and bestow knowledge, you are using those words as an idol. That is your faith.

Other people go to god directly. Nothing wrong with that. The issue is finding unity between prophet and non prophet faiths. Half of you are saying go to god directly the other half, go through someone else to get to him.

Why pray to god if you can't experience him directly?

That's like writing to my friend overseas but not expecting her to write me back unless she did so through someone she know that already passed away.

To me "god" is an experience. It's (not him and not her) life itself. Energy. Spirits (with an -s) all for healing and communication. It's not separate from life. There are no prophets in between. So prayer is founded on one's individual experience with their experiences and life itself.

If you don't trust your experiences, you go to an outside source. In my opinion, god doesn't work that way. If you say you have a personal relationship with god, it is personal. By having a personal relationship with the prophets, you are putting the prophets the same level as god.

In other abrahamic traditions, that's idolism.

It is. Nothing wrong with that. If it were not, you would not need it to express yourself about your faith. Your dependance on scripture makes Bahaullah's and other prophet's writings idols.

That is a fact.

Most of what I'm saying are facts. I don't have much opinions outside of cultural appropriation because I don't believe in god. But I can express what I know based on my experienced and what I read.

I just don't base what I know on knowledge. That's our differences. Finding a common ground is important. If you admit there is none, how can you accept who I am if you separate us by not having a common ground as your prophet says we have?

There's a lot of points to address here but I can't answer most of them as you don't believe in God so whatever I say you will not see any truth in it as you don't accept God or Manifestations.

You cannot understand hardly anything about the Baha'i Faith because you don't believe in God or Prophets so all my explanations are meaningless to you.

You don't believe in God but are saying things like 'God doesn't work that way'. Because we cannot know God directly then obeying His Representatives is the same as I obedience to Him. But all these topics you speak on you don't believe in God or Prophets so any explanation I give will just be meaningless to you and denied.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
All truth is truth.
But only the Baha'i' truth is the real truth, lol. We know what you believe. The Christians, Hindus, etc. are all following false religions, because they don't interpret their own faiths in the proper way, which is as Baha'i' interpret them. You said it yourself.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
We don't oppose anyone's belief. You are free to believe what you choose. Baha'u'llah doesn't reject anyone. It is just sharing if different viewpoints on a debating forum. So it's point and counter point, not personal.

Everyone us free to come or go. So I don't see your point. What about all the happy Baha'is? Why don't you mention them?

So saying someone else's belief is false isn't opposing it? That seem rather contradictory.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

Sometimes I actually think there are two of you. One comes on and claims that Baha'u'llah is the one and only prophet, all other interpretations are false, etc., and than another guy comes on and doesn't make the same claims, says it's okay to be an atheist, and all that. So it's really difficult for me, and others I think, because we never know which loverofumanity we're talking to, the hard core Baha'i' fundamentalist, or the more human tolerant one. There is a message of tolerance and a message of tolerance, but only MY VERSION of tolerance. The two are so opposing messages.