• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How are the Titles, ‘Father’, and ‘Son’, defined in the scriptures - in relation to Spirit and Flesh

DNB

Christian
You mean you can't understand that there is a difference between flesh and Spirit? Because that is the difference between the Father and the Son. The Father is the eternal Spirit and the Son is the fleshly body.
Again, the Father is an entity autonomous from the Son, and every other living thing in the entire universe. The Son is a corporeal creature created by the Father, who owes his entire existence, consciousness, life and power, solely to the Father who is the only divine and transcendent being in the entire universe.
Again, to call one's flesh one thing, and then to call the same entity or being's, soul or spirit another thing, is absurd nonsense, that you yourself haven't a clue what you mean.

JerryMyers

I just decided not to waste too much time on someone who denies the Messiah even shed his blood for our sins. Your points are so weak, you resort to trying to put me down rather than just prove your points. Logic and rationale will only work when the opposite side is logical and rational.

Did the Messiah said or even implied he was sent to die for your sin ?? Prove it with his own words!! If you cannot, then, your belief is just based on the words of other people!

You know why I never said your ‘points’ are so weak?? That’s because you NEVER have any point!!

I gave many longer posts with much reasoning - you reject even clear cut scriptures.
That’s so laughable!! What clear-cut scripture that you gave with ‘much reasoning’ ??? You mean like because Thomas wanted to see the crucifixion marks on Jesus’ hands before he can believe Jesus was not killed, therefore, Jesus must be showing his crucifixion marks on his hands to Thomas, when the scripture only said Jesus just showed his hands with no mentioning of any crucifixion marks!! Are you denying this clear-cut passage ??

Muffled

Jesus in me
Yes, that is exactly what, not only Jesus but the epistles also, clearly teach. ...but, only as a promise, not as a obligatory gift. You've obviously heard of the different baptisms, where one can be saved without receiving the spirit. This is the case of the landslide majority of Christians - it's actually shameful when they start declaring their endowment of God's spirit, but act as faithless and misguided, and exegetically unsound, as can be.
So, no, I have yet to see a truly edified Christian, or any one with the same power that was evidenced during the 1st century Church.

My wife claimed to receive Jesus as Lord and Savior but there was no fruit. However she came down from Heaven with me so there must have been something there that God accepted.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Well if you believe in 3 separate members that are each God, then you believe in multiple Gods. Or the 3 members are each 1/3 of God. Honestly I can't tell from your posts what you believe.

I do not believe God is separated into members. I believe He is in each member of the Trinity.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Jesus is two people as are we all:physical person and spiritual person??? It’s kinda true but not the way I’m hearing you suggest. The two parts are not PERSONS (individuals!!)

No, No, No. a person is ONE SPIRIT operating ONE BODY.

That does not make TWO PERSONS.

The body of a person is an inert vehicle that, by itself has no self-Willed operational capabilities. It is the SPIRIT of the person which directs, aims to preserves, and enlivens the body. That is why when we die (when our spirit leaves our body and goes to rest with God) the body cannot sustain itself and decays back to the ‘dust’ from which it was made.

During the time the spirit is in the body, the spirit aims to preserves, nourish from an external source (feed), avoid dangerous situations (per se) that could injure the VEHICLE of a body that it inhabits.

If the body is injured in such a way that the spirit can no longer sustain it, then the spirit leaves the body… the person is classed as ‘Dead’ in human terms (Scriptures says ‘sleeping’, referring to the spirit only!). ‘Death’ in the scriptures, means DESTRUCTION OF THE SPIRIT… only then is ALL REMEMBRANCE OF THE PERSON GONE. This only happens at the end of time and that is why Jesus grieved over Lazarus, not because Lazarus was humanly dead but because he was thinking of his own (Jesus) resurrection… whether or not GOD could actually raise him back to life as he was going to raise up Lazarus (note that Lazarus must have humanly died AGAIN at some later time … he’s not alive today, yeah!). Jesus was agonising over the IMMORTAL RESURRECTION he was promised by the Father:
  • ‘Father, if there could be another way…! But not my Will but Yours [be it done]’

I believe you are saying the body is mindless and has no will. That is contrary to natural evidence and Biblical evidence.

I believe there are those who say they have out of body experiences and then return to a still living body. That also happens with near death experiences.

I believe they are and I have to tell my spirit to shut up on occasion. Most people are not in communication with their own spirit but I am. He is different from me. He has memories of past lives but I do not.

DNB

Christian
My wife claimed to receive Jesus as Lord and Savior but there was no fruit. However she came down from Heaven with me so there must have been something there that God accepted.
What are you talking about????
Who came down from heaven, definitely not you or your wife.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
I believe you are saying the body is mindless and has no will. That is contrary to natural evidence and Biblical evidence.

I believe there are those who say they have out of body experiences and then return to a still living body. That also happens with near death experiences.

I believe they are and I have to tell my spirit to shut up on occasion. Most people are not in communication with their own spirit but I am. He is different from me. He has memories of past lives but I do not.
The body is a vessel in which the Spirit dwells.

Without a spirit in the body, the body is inert and lifeless.

‘Out of body body’ experiences are the Spirit TEMPORARILY leaving the body. While the spirit has TEMPORARILY left the body, the body is SLEEPING (as in, like in Coma). There is no activity in it and is in a dangerous position. Persons have been buried in such a state by living persons who believe that person has died because, in the past no one knew what a Coma was. An occasion was stipulated in the scriptures where Jesus expressly told a worried parent that their child ‘WAS NOT DEAD’ but merely ‘SLEEPING’. To the parent and onlookers the child WAS DEAD. Jesus effectively ‘re-called’ the spirit of the child back into body and the child woke up completely ok but possibly hungry since the body had been without food for some time. It would have been the spirit of the child that cares for the body which would have deemed the body needed sustenance and obtained it from resources around it.

So, YES, the body is not self-functioning … it is like a robot without a computer programme in it. It’s just metal, wires, components, and circuitry. It requires an intelligence - a processor - to direct what it does… a Spirit to ENLIVEN IT:
  • ‘God created the BODY of Adam…’
  • ‘And God blew the breath of life (Spirit) into the nostrils of the man and he BECAME A LIVING SOUL
What kind of ‘Soul’ was Adam before the spirit was blown into him?

A ‘DEAD’ Soul…. See it?

And don’t be confused. In the Bible, ‘DEAD’ is just meaning: ‘An absence of the spirit from the body’.

To God, we are only ‘DEAD’ when our Spirit is DESTROYED…. which is not the case until the END OF TIME after the judgement to those whom Jesus judges as not worthy for his kingdom: the wicked and abominable, isolators, and devils.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The body is a vessel in which the Spirit dwells.

Without a spirit in the body, the body is inert and lifeless.

‘Out of body body’ experiences are the Spirit TEMPORARILY leaving the body. While the spirit has TEMPORARILY left the body, the body is SLEEPING (as in, like in Coma). There is no activity in it and is in a dangerous position. Persons have been buried in such a state by living persons who believe that person has died because, in the past no one knew what a Coma was. An occasion was stipulated in the scriptures where Jesus expressly told a worried parent that their child ‘WAS NOT DEAD’ but merely ‘SLEEPING’. To the parent and onlookers the child WAS DEAD. Jesus effectively ‘re-called’ the spirit of the child back into body and the child woke up completely ok but possibly hungry since the body had been without food for some time. It would have been the spirit of the child that cares for the body which would have deemed the body needed sustenance and obtained it from resources around it.

So, YES, the body is not self-functioning … it is like a robot without a computer programme in it. It’s just metal, wires, components, and circuitry. It requires an intelligence - a processor - to direct what it does… a Spirit to ENLIVEN IT:
  • ‘God created the BODY of Adam…’
  • ‘And God blew the breath of life (Spirit) into the nostrils of the man and he BECAME A LIVING SOUL
What kind of ‘Soul’ was Adam before the spirit was blown into him?

A ‘DEAD’ Soul…. See it?

And don’t be confused. In the Bible, ‘DEAD’ is just meaning: ‘An absence of the spirit from the body’.

To God, we are only ‘DEAD’ when our Spirit is DESTROYED…. which is not the case until the END OF TIME after the judgement to those whom Jesus judges as not worthy for his kingdom: the wicked and abominable, isolators, and devils.

I believe you are wrong on so many things it would take me too long to respond to all of them.

A body can be alive without the Spirit. First there are the out of body NDEs and then there are those who temporarily leave their bodies and return to it later. (not something I would recommend)

Muffled

Jesus in me
You're freaking me out.

I believe for me Heaven was a place to rest from the evils of this world. For my wife it was a place where she would not be able to sin and she and a problem with that. You have to ask yourself: if Heaven is the object then why is God creating an eternal life in the flesh for us?

DNB

Christian
I believe for me Heaven was a place to rest from the evils of this world. For my wife it was a place where she would not be able to sin and she and a problem with that. You have to ask yourself: if Heaven is the object then why is God creating an eternal life in the flesh for us?
Why would your wife have a problem in a place where no sin exists?