• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuality

Antiochian

Rationalist
Greetings, I'm a non-Muslim, but am somewhat interested in learning because a friend converted. It's my understanding that almost all Muslims condemn homosexuality, but Sufi's do not, and in fact celebrate the love between a Sufi man and a Hindu man (forgetting names and the specific festival name).

From what very little I know about it, Sufism seems a beautiful tradition within Islam. And to see them honoring the love of gay people warms my heart.

Blessings upon you all...

muslim-

Theres so many different Sufis and different Sufi beliefs. Some would be outraged by your statement and others would be perfectly ok with it. Many of them arent even Muslim.

Id appreciate it if you could find the name of the festival you mentioned. Im not doubting at all, just find it interesting.

Homosexuality is highly prohibited in Islam by text and by law.

Sex is allowed in Islam in marriage only between a man & his wife(s)