• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HOMOSEXUALITY: What the Bible Does & Does Not Say

wmam

i believe in tranquility said:
So Where In The Bible Does God Say That Being Gay Is Bad Exactly?
Ask and you shall receive...........

Lev 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Lev 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

1Ti 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

1Ti 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

wmam

wman...Do YOU think it is a sin to be gay?
No, I do not believe it is a sin to be happy. As long as your happiness doesn't transgress the laws of YAH your Elohim.

wmam

Do you think that it is a sin to be homosexual?
No, I do not think it is a sin. I know that it is a sin as it fall's into transgression of the law set forth by YAH my Elohim............

Lev 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

standing_alone

No, I do not think it is a sin. I know that it is a sin as it fall's into transgression of the law set forth by YAH my Elohim............
:rolleyes:

wmam, is it a sin to just be a homosexual (not practicing sexual acts) according to YAH your Elohim, or is it just a sin to take part in homosexual acts?Since I'm gay, am I sinful, or is it sinful only if I take part in certain relations?

wmam

standing_alone said:
:rolleyes:

wmam, is it a sin to just be a homosexual (not practicing sexual acts) according to YAH your Elohim, or is it just a sin to take part in homosexual acts?Since I'm gay, am I sinful, or is it sinful only if I take part in certain relations?
:seesaw:
Lets see...........

Rom 1:26 For this cause Elohim gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain Elohim in their knowledge, Elohim gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of Elohim, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Looking at what the word "Reprobate" means in this context using Strong's......

G96
ἀδόκιμος
adokimos
ad-ok'-ee-mos
From G1 (as a negative particle) and G1384; unapproved, that is, rejected; by implication worthless (literally or morally): - castaway, rejected, reprobate.

I would have to discern yes. Being a homosexual in and of itself is a sin. Now is it an abomination? Maybe not that one so choose's to claim to be such but maybe just the act itself is an abomination. But I do believe that just being one is sin. It may be true that all sin is an abomination unto YAH. I believe that if you were truly after YAH's heart then you would denounce such and work only to and strive for and cleve unto YAH your Elohim. In other words. Obey Him with a clean and righteous heart. Live only for the truth which is the word of YAH.

Mat 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of YAH.

standing_alone

So, just by being a homosexual, I am sinning, even though I can't help the fact that I'm a homosexual - just deny myself the ability to be in a loving relationship with another woman? So, then, homosexuals are put into a situation where they are sinning just by the fact that they are existing?

wmam

standing_alone said:
So, just by being a homosexual, I am sinning, even though I can't help the fact that I'm a homosexual - just deny myself the ability to be in a loving relationship with another woman? So, then, homosexuals are put into a situation where they are sinning just by the fact that they are existing?
Well it was said that the flesh be weak but you can make the spirit strong if you so choose life. It is your choice to make. LOL......Being with a woman has nothing to do with it. It was said it better if we not marry. We should only strive to please YAH. It is that plain and simple. You can make the choice to admit the sin and go on to repent and become one with YAH through His Son Yahshua Ha Mashiac. To study day and night the word of YAH.

But......... I bid you read 2Pe 2:1-22 before you go much further. Take heed what you ask for. You may not understand then again it might be unto you a light beaming so bright. Those with eye's to see, see. Those with ear's to hear, hear.

Praise YAH!

standing_alone

Well it was said that the flesh be weak but you can make the spirit strong if you so choose life. It is your choice to make. LOL......Being with a woman has nothing to do with it. It was said it better if we not marry. We should only strive to please YAH. It is that plain and simple. You can make the choice to admit the sin and go on to repent and become one with YAH through His Son Yahshua Ha Mashiac. To study day and night the word of YAH.
So (If I actually wanted to gain salvation), all I'd have to do is repent being a homosexual and not partake in a homosexual relationship and I wouldn't be sinning anymore?

wmam

standing_alone said:
So (If I actually wanted to gain salvation), all I'd have to do is repent being a homosexual and not partake in a homosexual relationship and I wouldn't be sinning anymore?
No silly... LOL

Homosexuality isn't the only sin. We have all sinned. We all have to repent but do so with a true, clean and righteous heart. You have to be baptized by water and the spirit. First the water to cleanse you. To make the old man/woman dead so that you might be reborn in the truth. Then comes the spirit. The Malakhim, comforter. If the temple be clean for which to receive the spirit, cause the spirit will not reside in that which is not clean, the conversion be complete. Then the road be opened up to you. Remember though that you still have the freedom of choice so use it wisely. Like I said to read 2Pe 2:1-22. Better that you had never known the truth to know then to backslide.

Praise YAH!

Shalom

standing_alone

No silly... LOL

Homosexuality isn't the only sin. We have all sinned. We all have to repent but do so with a true, clean and righteous heart. You have to be baptized by water and the spirit. First the water to cleanse you. To make the old man/woman dead so that you might be reborn in the truth. Then comes the spirit. The Malakhim, comforter. If the temple be clean for which to receive the spirit, cause the spirit will not reside in that which is not clean, the conversion be complete. Then the road be opened up to you. Remember though that you still have the freedom of choice so use it wisely. Like I said to read 2Pe 2:1-22. Better that you had never known the truth to know then to backslide.
Yeah, I know there are other sins besides homosexuality. What I meant was that by repenting being a homosexual and not having homosexual relations, would I no longer be living the homosexual sin? I'm sorry, I should have made that more clear. And then if I was to take on this baptism or spirit or whatever, would that make me all of a sudden a heterosexual, or would I still be a homosexual, just not allowed to live in the "lifestyle?" How does that all work? Would I still be a homosexual if I converted or would I somehow miraculously become a heterosexual?

wman: Im just asking you stuff becasue I want to hear this from a different perspective. Please dont take any offense.

Back thousands of years ago, they obviously didnt have the knowledge which we posses today, such as: people are born gay/lesbian, meaning they have no choice (one could say that God made them gay), just as one has no choice as to what their skin color is. Would you agree with God if one of his laws in Leviticus said: A man born with copper skin is an abomination, and should be put to death.???, because gays dont have a choice to LIKE girls, it is physically and mentall impossible.

wmam

standing_alone said:
Yeah, I know there are other sins besides homosexuality. What I meant was that by repenting being a homosexual and not having homosexual relations, would I no longer be living the homosexual sin?
Mind you.......If you were to truly repent, and I mean with a clean and righteous heart, and were to never have homosexual relations ever again, then I cannot see where you would be living that sin anymore. Not only that you wouldn't be living it, but, if you repented as I stated through the true name of the Son then you would be forgiven of this sin as well.

standing_alone said:
I'm sorry, I should have made that more clear.
Not a problem.

standing_alone said:
And then if I was to take on this baptism or spirit or whatever, would that make me all of a sudden a heterosexual, or would I still be a homosexual, just not allowed to live in the "lifestyle?" How does that all work?
That would be up to you. See.... even though you have made that step, to be closer to YAH and do His will, things just don't all of a sudden become easy for you. Noooooooooooo............ We are tried and tested all the time. Theres no telling what your trials and test might be. You still have the gift of choice. It's just that if you truly were of a clean and righteous heart, when you not only repented for your wrong doings but also, when you become baptized by the water then you have the spirit come to you. If your house isn't clean..... the spirit isn't going to stay. You can't fool YAH your Elohim into thinking that you have changed for the better or on your own terms. You have to meet His terms and He is all knowing so It isn't going to work like that. I guess what I am trying to get across to you is that if you were of that mind, body and spirit then the title that you and others had put on you wouldn't mean anything to you anymore. It would be a non issue. Further more......... I wonder if you feel that sex is love? I mean if someone is raped I don't think that sex was love. I feel sex is just an action of lust that one has for another. Like a dog in heat. That feeling isn't one of importance being truly in the spirit. Truly if a man loves his wife and they decide to have a child together then Elohim may so bless them. But if a man loves his wife and wants to show her his love through sex, I don't feel that this is the appropriate use of sex. Love is so far more than sex. If one were to make a vow of abstinence, and later, then said that they just couldn't help themselves and they just had to have sex, I would have to question what happened to there vow? If they made an vow to YAH how much better would it then have been to have never made the vow. To repent for the wrong and then go through the motions for salvation and to have received the spirit only to go back to the old ways is that which I asked you to read. Have you? Are we under a understanding as to the truth and meaning of those verses? The dog that returns to its own vomit?

standing_alone said:
Would I still be a homosexual if I converted or would I somehow miraculously become a heterosexual?
My understanding is that it is ultimately your choice. To be one with YAH then you have to obey all His laws.

wmam

wman: Im just asking you stuff becasue I want to hear this from a different perspective. Please dont take any offense.
Oh, I won't. Don't worry about it. No Problem.

Back thousands of years ago, they obviously didnt have the knowledge which we posses today,
To read that was written back then makes me wonder if back through the thousands of years if we as the human race haven't forgotten more useful information and wisdom and knowledge than we will ever be able to regain.

such as: people are born gay/lesbian, meaning they have no choice (one could say that God made them gay), just as one has no choice as to what their skin color is.
I wouldn't know. To me whether one is born, or chooses, one way or the other isn't the issue. We all have the freedom of choice. As it is written.... "If you choose life, do the commandments."

Would you agree with God if one of his laws in Leviticus said: A man born with copper skin is an abomination, and should be put to death.???,
If it where the true word and will of YAH my Elohim then yes, I would agree.

because gays dont have a choice to LIKE girls, it is physically and mentall impossible.
That is not my call to make. It isn't the issue as I have already stated. The issue is one of choice. If you so choose to be one with YAH then you have to do His will and that is to obey. If you choose not to obey then you choose to be punished for disobeying. It is just that plain and simple.

Ok well scienticif studies on homosexuals show that it is the GENETICS, so in reality they do not have a choice to like girls. Thats like you liking boys, is that possible for you?....I doubt it is you are heterosexual.

standing_alone

I wonder if you feel that sex is love? I mean if someone is raped I don't think that sex was love. I feel sex is just an action of lust that one has for another. Like a dog in heat. That feeling isn't one of importance being truly in the spirit. Truly if a man loves his wife and they decide to have a child together then Elohim may so bless them. But if a man loves his wife and wants to show her his love through sex, I don't feel that this is the appropriate use of sex. Love is so far more than sex.
While I agree that love is definately way far more than sex (but sex is still a way of showing love to your significant someone - and is only part of what constitutes love in a homosexual or heterosexual relationship), I'm kind of having difficulty determining what is meant by some of your statements. Are you equating homosexual sex (or just sex in general - heterosexual and homosexual) with rape and/or animals in heat? What do you mean by some of these statements?

wmam

Ok well scienticif studies on homosexuals show that it is the GENETICS, so in reality they do not have a choice to like girls. Thats like you liking boys, is that possible for you?....I doubt it is you are heterosexual.
If this reply is to me, then I will reiterate that making such assumptions is not at all the issue when discussing ones salvation and becoming one with YAH. Breaking His laws are. I say assumptions because I haven't the knowledge one way or the other on your statement and I don't feel that it is an issue that matters when discussing the aforementioned issue.

Shalom.