• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homo-sexuality.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
jeffrey said:
So, what is the 'gay agenda'? World domination? .... me thinks it's to be equal... And what is so wrong with that?
Let's see.... my gay agenda for Saturday January 21, 2006:
- buy cat litter
- get the car washed
- go to the bakery
- do laundry
- mop the kitchen floor

ohhh....yeah that's downright EVIL!

:biglaugh:

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Maize said:
Let's see.... my gay agenda for Saturday January 21, 2006:
- buy cat litter
- get the car washed
- go to the bakery
- do laundry
- mop the kitchen floor

ohhh....yeah that's downright EVIL!

:biglaugh:
I NEW IT! YOUR TAKING OVER THE WORLD! You..you.. evil cat little buyer you. :biglaugh:

DTrent

Maize said:

But yet, when it comes to this issue, BGLT people are expected to follow the rule of your religion (i.e. not be gay) or they are discriminated against and denied equal rights.

Shalom. I need a drink.
Don't know what BGLT means...

DTrent

gnomon said:
No, you are misrepresenting. The mere fact that you mention that parents and doctors have to pick and choose the genitalia show that you do not know about intersexed people. Or the various other differentiations to human development.

The existence of intersex individuals destroys any concept of a God who created human beings as male or femal and they must abide by certain laws. The notion that God creates human beings male/female and must abide by the rules of gender does not logically apply. If people are born a certain way, in which all notion of free will is removed from them yet violates God's law, then a contradiction exists in God's law.

Genesis makes no mention of mosaicism, down syndrome, spinal bifida or basically any such development differentiation of the human body. You pulled this idea out of thin air. How in any way can you apply the first two chapters of genesis towards prenatal development. Where does it state that human beings were not meant to be born blind? It doesn't. Anywhere.
- I saw it on tv. People born with both sets of organs. I did not make it up that parents/drs make a choice for the infant. It was being done in the operating room.

- I've already given the Scripture(s). Don't know why they are not "scrutinizingly" commented on. There is no contradiction in God, his Law or anything of his. His creation was perfect. They had the freedom to choose to obey Him or not. After they disobeyed, imperfection began to plague them & ALL the rest of mankind down to this day. Thus 'intersexed' people, maimed people, blind, deaf, etc. are born & exist.

- WHY would Genesis make mention of specific imperfections?? It is ENOUGH to say IMPERFECTION. Every minute detail is not listed in the Bible. It is not necessary. But what IS necessary for humans to know has already been recorded.
- It is not considered GOOD to be born blind or feeble or deaf, etc.
Gen.1:31 - "God saw EVERYTHING he had made and, look! It was VERY GOOD..."
It cannot get any clearer than that...

It is certainly YOUR CHOICE how you wish to live your life.
It is certainly MY CHOICE to stand up for the Bible & it's righteous principles. I am not perfect but I am trying to follow a perfect Law. I try to enlighten. If you choose to shy away from that light, so be it. Perhaps it will shine a bit brighter for your 'brother'...

- Peace.

gnomon

The Black Whirlwind said:
why do i have to accept them? i will tolerate them within the fabric of society as long as they dont come on to me, but i will never accept them.
Then you will continue to live in a delusional world of your own creation.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
My religious views regarding homosexuality is that someones gender is only a physical thing, and is in no way a part of the soul. A soul can live lives as both male and female. Certain traits, including attraction to a certain gender, sometimes will make it to the souls next physical life.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Aqualung said:
I think it means Bi-, Gay, Lesbian, and Trans-, but I could be wrong.
You're right, it's an acronym. Sometimes the letters are in a different order (or there may be one or two more letters to include more people, such as 'I' for intersexed), but it all means the same thing.

Deut 13:1

DTrent said:
It is certainly MY CHOICE to stand up for the Bible & it's righteous principles. I am not perfect but I am trying to follow a perfect Law. I try to enlighten. If you choose to shy away from that light, so be it. Perhaps it will shine a bit brighter for your 'brother'...

- Peace.
I have very high doubts you don't even know all the laws or that you would even make an attempt to claim that if you knew what the laws were.

Describe in detail, and I mean DETAILS, what you did friday night to saturday night.

Do you eat seafood? Do you use Tefillin? Do you even know what Tefillin is?

What I think you meant to say was you attempt to follow a perfect Law on YOUR TERMS, not G-d's.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
DTrent, It's fine to have your laws, but understand, they are yours. Your interpretation, not others. It would be like you don't believe in wearing tennis shoes to the mall, and telling others they can't either. Live by your laws, but respect others beliefs.

godfree1

beckysoup61 said:
I personally think, yes, accept them, but you don't have to accept what they are doing if you don't like it.
I've never understood this line of reasoning. Homosexuals don't want or need the heterosexual Christian's acceptance, and how on Earth can heterosexual Christians detest, loathe and abhor homosexuality as much as they do without ever (apparently) having at least tried it? What, exactly, is your disgust? Where does this hilarious "ick factor" live? Persuasively explain, to the best of your ability, the cowardly notion of "homosexual panic". Why don't I have the same irrational feelings about heterosexuals and heterosexuality? Oh, yeah--because they're irrational.

Like them, not what they are doing.
That's how I try to feel about Christians and the practice of Christianity, but I'm afraid that I don't always succeed in that endeavor. Love what you breed--or please don't breed.

retrorich

SUPER NOT-A-MOD
The Black Whirlwind said:
Yes, yes, yes, i've heard it a million times. "You're a bigot, you're a bigot, you're a bigot! Whine whine whine!". Get off your high horse. Its a disgusting, perverse sexuality. there is nothing beautiful about it. Now, i am going to stop before Michel bans me again.
I could not disagree more. I am straight, but I have friends who are gay, and I consider them to be as normal as anyone. The fact that only a small percentage of the population is gay, does not mean it is abnormal, unnatural, perverted or immoral. What people do in their bedrooms is their own business--not that of governments or churches. Governments have no right to ban same-sex marriages.

By the way, a very good friend of mine is gay, and I have also met his partner. I consider their relationship to be extremely beautiful. But I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and pervertedness is in the eyes of the bigot.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
retrorich said:
I could not disagree more. I am straight, but I have friends who are gay, and I consider them to be as normal as anyone. The fact that only a small percentage of the population is gay, does not mean it is abnormal, unnatural, perverted or immoral. What people do in their bedrooms is their own business--not that of governments or churches. Governments have no right to ban same-sex marriages.

By the way, a very good friend of mine is gay, and I have also met his partner. I consider their relationship to extremely beautiful. But I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and perversity is in the eyes of the bigot.
:clap

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
retrorich said:

By the way, a very good friend of mine is gay, and I have also met his partner. I consider their relationship to be extremely beautiful. But I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and pervertedness is in the eyes of the bigot.
Nicely said Rich; I will have to remember that last sentence to use as a quote. Fruballs to you.;)