• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homeopathy

Marco19

Researcher
Al-Salam Aleykum,

Dear firends, i wonder what is the present stand of Ahmadiyya to Homeopathy?

Long ago i looked through some articles and found that the fourth Khalifa was involved in this type of treatment, and he encourage the people to use it.

So, my question is whether you still use it, or encourage, or think is the best method?

What the fifth Khalifa says about it?

Thanks in advance :)

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim
Wa Laikum Asalam

It is not a requirement to believe in homeopathy as an Ahmadi. My grandparents and parents had strong belief that this medicine works not in itself but from prayers that Allah (swt) grants relief. I myself had doubts in it, but myself have seen it work on my Dad when in severe pain, other times I have seen my grandfather abuse doses at an elderly age which I could see his feet would swell up within a day. And when my mother took it away from him they would get better immediately. In my opinion however it works, whether it is placebo, or portion of actual applied science, I feel that if it works for somebody then nobody has the right to refuse it. Even allopathic doctors prescribe placebos, as we know placebos work for a lot of people.

Khalifa IV (RA) strongly believed that Homeopathy worked, and he treated many people who themselves strongly adhere to it. He had given many classes on medicines on MTA. BUT he was very strict in saying that Homeopathy should never be used when you are critically sick. He said that immediately take allopathic medicine as recommended by a doctor or get surgery as required. He only prescribed it to relieve ailments like flu, joint pains, and small kidney stones. Which reminds me, that my father had a kidney stone that required surgery, he being fearful of surgery refused despite the persistence of our family, my mother started giving him homeopathy and to this day the doctor who told him for surgery couldn't believe how a stone that size could dissolve and said that you must have gotten some sort of surgery.

Also I believe Khalifa V (Ra) does believe Homeopathy works but he is not a Physician in Homeopathy. There are many free Homeopathy clinics run by the community in most countries. So overall most Ahmadi's do believe it works. But again, I this is to ones own opinion.

I will try to find some articles to give more clarity. There are also lectures and books written by Khalifa IV (RA) on alislam.org.

Last edited:

Marco19

Researcher
I will try to find some articles to give more clarity. There are also lectures and books written by Khalifa IV (RA) on alislam.org.

I have found some books but they are in Urdu and Arabic.
It would be really nice if you find in English, or those MTA lectures on youtube, if there is English version.

Thank you, Jazak Allah Khayran :)

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim
Dr Imtiaz Chaudary on the instructions of Khalifatul Masih IV translated his TV sessions into an English Book Compilation.

Homeopathy Like Cures Like

Here is his Q/A session on Homeopathy in English w/Arabic Translation.

[youtube]GFySfmyUVZU[/youtube]

I don't think there is a video translation of his Homeopathy Classes, if I come across it I will let you know. There may be dubbed translations. But the book in English above covers those classes.

Marco19

Researcher
Salam Rational Mind,

Thank you for posting the links.
From your own experience and being close to the Homeopathy cure/treatment, do you think there is a potentiality to have an advance Homeopathy treatment to critical sickness? or this method is only for sort of "light" sicknesses?
What Ahmadiyya doctors think/say about the future of this method?
Do you know if there are special researches/academical advance study of this type of treatment?

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim
Salam Rational Mind,

Thank you for posting the links.
From your own experience and being close to the Homeopathy cure/treatment, do you think there is a potentiality to have an advance Homeopathy treatment to critical sickness? or this method is only for sort of "light" sicknesses?
What Ahmadiyya doctors think/say about the future of this method?
Do you know if there are special researches/academical advance study of this type of treatment?

From my understanding Homeopathy is meant to be a generally slow and long term treatment. So in cases of critical sickness it is unsafe to prescribe it. Although, you could run a treatment in parallel with allopathy.

I am not quite involved in this field so I cannot comment on its future. These would have been excellent questions for Khalifa IV Rabeh (ra). I will try to see if he answered such questions.

Also I know that my mother did a parallel treatment for two patients of stroke who were paralised and one recovered completely and abnormally fast and the other recovered almost completely and quite fast as well. They both felt it worked for them as doctors had given them low expectations of never walking again.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace be on you.
It is one of the blessings of latter days era. Works very good for many. But not much results for some. One can use it with caution. For general Info: enDOTwikipediaDOTorg/wiki/Homeopathy