• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

holy spirit

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
The Holy Spirit is the third Person of the Trinity. It has appeared as a dove and as tongues of fire, as well as wind. The Holy Spirit is the Comforter and Advocate -- the very breath of God that brings us true life. A person need not possess a physical, human body, just as God the Father does not possess a physical, human body. Seeing the Holy Spirit for what it is gives one confidence that God has already fulfilled God's covenant with us..........I didn't garner much from the reading link -- but then, I'm a Trinitarian...

athanasius

Is the Holy Spirit a Person?
Seeing the holy spirit for what it is can give you confidence that Jehovah will fulfill his promises............... good reading link

The Holy Spririt is a real "Person" and not just some active force.. He is the 3rd "Person" of the Blessed Trinity. The bible clearly shows that the Holy Spirit is referered to as a Person and not just a "active force". consider the follwing passages:

In (acts 13:2) the Holy Spirit reveals himself to be a person. The Holy spirit refers to himself as "I" and "Me". Only a ,person can refer to himself as "I" not just some active force.

Scripture also states that the Holy Spirit can be lied to (Acts 5:3), speak(Acts 8:29,10:19, 20; 13:2), hear(Jn 16:13-15), and know the future(Acts 21:11), teach(Jn 14:26), pray and intercede(Rom 8:26), be grieved(Eph 4:30), feel hurt(Is 63:10), be outraged(Heb 10:29), and be blasphemed(Mark 3:29).

Only a Person has all of these attributes and abilities, not some active force. The Holy Spirit is a Person as the bible reveals. And he is also God. only God can be blasphemed, not some mere active force!

May Yahweh bless you abundantly always, In the Name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit Amen.
--Athanasius

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
The Holy Spririt is a real "Person" and not just some active force.. He is the 3rd "Person" of the Blessed Trinity. The bible clearly shows that the Holy Spirit is referered to as a Person and not just a "active force". consider the follwing passages:

In (acts 13:2) the Holy Spirit reveals himself to be a person. The Holy spirit refers to himself as "I" and "Me". Only a ,person can refer to himself as "I" not just some active force.

Scripture also states that the Holy Spirit can be lied to (Acts 5:3), speak(Acts 8:29,10:19, 20; 13:2), hear(Jn 16:13-15), and know the future(Acts 21:11), teach(Jn 14:26), pray and intercede(Rom 8:26), be grieved(Eph 4:30), feel hurt(Is 63:10), be outraged(Heb 10:29), and be blasphemed(Mark 3:29).

Only a Person has all of these attributes and abilities, not some active force. The Holy Spirit is a Person as the bible reveals. And he is also God. only God can be blasphemed, not some mere active force!

May Yahweh bless you abundantly always, In the Name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit Amen.
--Athanasius
Substitute the word "Godhead" for "Trinity" and I agree 100%.