• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

hitler was a genious

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
ok ok i know what your thinking and no, i don't agree with what he did and how he did it, it was raw evil and not right whatsoever no matter how it is put across and told, however the way that he got to power was pure genious and i'm not sure what other peoples views are on this. im open to suggestions but bare in mind what i said hitler and his nazi ways were not right, very very far from it!

gnomon

darkpenguin said:
ok ok i know what your thinking and no, i don't agree with what he did and how he did it, it was raw evil and not right whatsoever no matter how it is put across and told, however the way that he got to power was pure genious and i'm not sure what other peoples views are on this. im open to suggestions but bare in mind what i said hitler and his nazi ways were not right, very very far from it!

First you must provide that what Hitler did was indeed genius. Many demagogues rise to power throughout human history. Hitler was one who did not do it alone or without even the aid of a failing economy, weak government and a large number of like-minded people surrounding his ego.

I would think Temujin, Gaius Juluis Caesar, Attila and a few others were more in the class of genuis, if you can call it that, as far as enterprising dictators. Of course this begs the question as to what is exactly genuis as far as taking and controlling political power. Who qualifies? Cyrus? Hammurabi? What are the qualities you distinguish Hitler possessing as opposed to other political leaders?

Ody

Appealing to Nationalism and Racism isn't genious. Neither is appealing to the fears of the middle class...

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
there arn't many people who could have manipulated a whole country the way he did, and the amount of control that he gathered was immense, i can't think of anybody in the world nowadays with the fortitude he had, i mean bush is fairly close but he will never be seen as a genious, he is very comparable to hitler though especially with blair acting as his own personal goebbels. plus hitler did one thing that not an awfull lot of people get to do, he changed the world! that in my books is genious!

Smoke

Done here.
I think "pure genius" might have set more realistic goals -- might not have invaded Russia, for instance -- and might have managed to remain in power more than twelve years.

spacemonkey

Pneumatic Spiritualist
One might make a case for him being a political genius, but the neither the blitzkrieg tactics or revolutionary use of tanks (the keys to early Nazi military sucess) were his own ideas. I would also say his decision to attack Russia (violating a non-aggresion treaty HE had formed with Stalin) before closing the deal in England was FAR from genius as he streached his resources too thin and allowed the allies a staging point for their invasion of Normandy.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Hitler took a great nation, a world power in its day, and then within twelve short years reduced it to a broken begger at the mercy of its conquerers. That's pure genius. May all our enemies be as smart as Hitler.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
darkpenguin said:
there arn't many people who could have manipulated a whole country the way he did, and the amount of control that he gathered was immense, i can't think of anybody in the world nowadays with the fortitude he had, i mean bush is fairly close but he will never be seen as a genious, he is very comparable to hitler though especially with blair acting as his own personal goebbels. plus hitler did one thing that not an awfull lot of people get to do, he changed the world! that in my books is genious!

Hitler was an idiot, the only thing he was ever good at was his oratory skills. His rise to power and the military victories lay in the hands of others, not Hitler.

Simon Gnosis

jewscout said:
Hitler was an idiot, the only thing he was ever good at was his oratory skills. His rise to power and the military victories lay in the hands of others, not Hitler.

Hitler was scum.

He just simply used his oratory skills to seduce the unhappy germans.

A real genius creates and discovers, Hitler did neither.

No genius attacks the Soviet Union...

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
Simon Gnosis said:
Darkpenguin is flying his colours for all to see..

Hitler was scum.

He just simply used his oratory skills to seduce the unhappy germans.

A real genius creates and discovers, Hitler did neither.

how am i flying my colours friend? i am simply implying from a historical point of view that hitler was a very clever and inteligent man!

jewscout

Religious Zionist
darkpenguin said:
how am i flying my colours friend? i am simply implying from a historical point of view that hitler was a very clever and inteligent man!

then may i suggest doing more research into the period and the figure of Hitler.

Simon Gnosis

darkpenguin said:

Iam not your friend.

If you admire Hitler for his genius then you cannot be my friend.

He was crafty and convicing but he was not intelligent enough to realise that what he was doing was going to get him killed and his country destroyed.

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
Simon Gnosis said:
Iam not your friend.

If you admire Hitler for his genius then you cannot be my friend.

He was crafty and convicing but he was not intelligent enough to realise that what he was doing was going to get him killed and his country destroyed.

so has germany suddenly dissapeared? and why can't i be your friend? i want to be your friend! please let me be your friend!:pen:

Simon Gnosis

darkpenguin said:
so has germany suddenly dissapeared? and why can't i be your friend? i want to be your friend! please let me be your friend!:pen:

Germany was rebuilt by the allies, not Hitler.

If you want to be my friend then don't say 'Hitler was a genius' I could interpret that statement as the sentiments of a Neo Nazi....

Simon Gnosis

Ciscokid said:
Speaking of WWII. Doesn't Call of Duty 3 come out soon? I loved COD 2, what a great war game.

It sure is...darn we have something in common :D

I loved the american carbine, my favourite gun in COD.

Simon Gnosis

Simon Gnosis said:

Although sniping is lots of fun...especially in multiplayer...mwahahahaha

Ciscokid

Simon Gnosis said:

I usually walk around with a submachine gun and a sniper rifle. I like picking off the Krauts from a distance. Then when I need to I whip out the Tommy gun. :drool: