• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Historicity Of Christ?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
No matter how many of these Historicity of Jesus threads we wind up with, the only thing that ever gets proven is how many uneducated nit-wits are obsessed with the topic.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
No matter how many of these Historicity of Jesus threads we wind up with, the only thing that ever gets proven is how many uneducated nit-wits are obsessed with the topic.

Yes, but you need to forgive them. These sort of delusions are sadly common. Unfortunately the delusions of certainty regarding the historicity of Jesus are not based on a great deal of evidence.

The fact remains that no matter how often these 'uneducated, obessed nitwits' (which is a description that I think was needlessly rude and unkind of you) try to derail threads on the historicity of Jesus with insults and grotesquely unreliable claims - the evidence remains barely existent.

Unortunately those 'nitwits' must attack, insult, mock, divert and evade because they do not have the option of providing evidence.

There is very lttle evidence for the historicity of Jesus, we do not even know when or where he was born and died. We have no contemporary records, not one single testmony from any person who ever met him.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, but you need to forgive them. These sort of delusions are sadly common. Unfortunately the delusions of certainty regarding the historicity of Jesus are not based on a great deal of evidence.

The fact remains that no matter how often these 'uneducated, obessed nitwits' (which is a description that I think was needlessly rude and unkind of you) try to derail threads on the historicity of Jesus with insults and grotesquely unreliable claims - the evidence remains barely existent.

Unortunately those 'nitwits' must attack, insult, mock, divert and evade because they do not have the option of providing evidence.

There is very lttle evidence for the historicity of Jesus, we do not even know when or where he was born and died. We have no contemporary records, not one single testmony from any person who ever met him.

Could you stop replying to my posts please?

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Could you stop replying to my posts please?
Can you stop posting childish attacks on people just because you disagree?

There are a great many 'uneducated nitwits' who question the historicity of Jesus, including a number of staff.
People can have different opnions to you without you needing to start name calling. It is a poor and unworthy substitute for honest debate.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Can you stop posting childish attacks on people just because you disagree?

Seriously man, I'm staff so I can't put you on ignore so I'm asking you politely to stop replying to my posts.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Seriously man, I'm staff so I can't put you on ignore so I'm asking you politely to stop replying to my posts.
Your post was directed at me, don't expect a free hand to bully people.
Most of these threads on the historicity of Jesus are derailed by such as yourself bullying, insulting and attacking anybody trying to debate and duscuss the issue honestly. It demonstrates all too transparetly just how fragile the case for the historicity of Jesus is.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
This topic reminds me of my thread, "Does Christmas have anything to do with Christ".
Don't know why..:)

Probably for the same reason every room in the house smells like every other room in the house when the toilet over-flows, disciple.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Don't see how you could have figured that out unless you agreed with it.

Wonderful - so you were not directing it at me. Fantastic, glad to hear it.

The only other person you could be directing it to is Legion - what is it that he said you think makes him an uneducated nitwit?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member

The only other person you could be directing it to is Legion - what is it that he said you think makes him an uneducated nitwit?
Well, I didn't assume he was talking to me.:confused:
I think it was a general statement.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Probably for the same reason every room in the house smells like every other room in the house when the toilet over-flows, disciple.
Thankfully, you have clarified that you are not directing this at me - so is there anything particular in Legion's comments that you see as equivalent to an overflowong toilet? And why post such remarks?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

Didn't say that.

Legion is the last person in this thread, and quite possibly the last person on the board, that I would ever call an un-educated nit-wit.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Thankfully, you have clarified that you are not directing this at me - so is there anything particular in Legion's comments that you see as equivalent to an overflowong toilet? And why post such remarks?

You know man, talking about someone in the third person is a rule violation. Using someone else's post as a springboard to do that, especially doing it this dishonestly, should be a violation, rather than just an indication of a lack of. . .

. . .well, what it's an indication of lack of. :D

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
You know man, talking about someone in the third person is a rule violation. Using someone else's post as a springboard to do that, especially doing it this dishonestly, should be a violation, rather than just an indication of a lack of. . .

. . .well, what it's an indication of lack of. :D
Attacking me is not appropriate.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Attacking me is not appropriate.

I love the double standard.

Anyway, I'm all done here. :)

Thank you once again, Bunyip, for making me feel so glad I'm me. Because that's one thing I always walk away with after hanging out with you. :)