• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

His Holiness the Dalai Lama will visit North America in September 2006

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
:clap2:

http://www.savetibet.org/news/newsitem.php?id=990

His Holiness the Dalai Lama is scheduled to visit North America for three weeks this September. He will visit Vancouver, BC, Canada, and then Los Angeles, Denver, Buffalo and New York City in the United States.
We are pleased to be able to provide a listing of public events with His Holiness the Dalai Lama during his September visit. For tickets or specific event information please contact the visit organizers directly through the links listed below. The International Campaign for Tibet can not assist with tickets for any of His Holiness' events this September. In many cases events, including the teachings in Los Angles and New York and the public talk in Buffalo, are already sold out.
The Office of Tibet - New York is the official representative office of His Holiness the Dalai Lama for the Americas. For questions regarding audiences or future invitations for His Holiness in the United States or Canada please refer directly to them at http://www.tibetoffice.org/en/.
  • Los Angeles, September 12 - 14:
    His Holiness will give a two-day teaching on Lamrim (A Graded Path to Enlightenment), followed by an initiation of The 16 Kadampa Mandalas. This event is sponsored by Thupten Dhargye Ling.

His Holiness will give a public talk on September 13. For information on the visit to Los Angeles please visit http://tdling.com/HHDL-LA/
  • Denver, September 15 - 17:
    The Dalai Lama will participate in the 10th Anniversary of PeaceJam with 11 other Nobel laureates and more than 3,000 students from around the world. PeaceJam is an international education program built around leading Nobel Peace Laureates who work personally with youth to pass on the spirit, skills and wisdom they embody. The goal of PeaceJam is to inspire a new generation of peacemakers who will transform their local communities, themselves and the world. For more information visit www.peacejam.org.

His Holiness will give a public talk on September 17 entitled "The Science of Compassionate Life", organized by the Mind and Life Institute and co-sponsored by Naropa University Extended Studies. For more information visit www.mindandlife.org.
  • Buffalo, New York, September 18 - 20:
    His Holiness will visit State University of New York at Buffalo. While at the University His Holiness will give a public talk, participate in an interfaith service and inaugurate the Tibetan Law Conference. For more information visit http://www.buffalo.edu/dalai_lama/tickets.html.
  • New York City, New York, September 22 - 25:
    His Holiness will give a three day teaching on Blade Wheel of Mind Transformation (Lojong Tsonchai Khorlo) and a White Tara initiation. These teachings are sponsored by Tibet House, www.tibethouse.org.

Peace,
Mystic

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Ah, I wish I lived somewhere near those locations! That must be an exciting opportunity for those in the areas he's visiting.

Does anyone know if he's going to speak specifically on Tibet in any of the locations?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I think it's most likely that he'll discuss the current situation in Tibet while participating in the Peace Jam in Denver.

Peace,
Mystic

Bishka

Veteran Member
Last year the Dali Lama I believe visited Sun Valley, Idaho. I was going to go, but never got tickets. :(

robtex

Veteran Member
He was in Austin last year. A few of my friends saw him. He mostly talked about world piece and the moral obligation to help those around you. He was talking about a book he had written the year before, and whose name I forgot and cannot find. The show was a sell-out and people were literally waiting hours to get in to see his speech. From my friends who went and saw it they all called it an event of lifetime. People were really moved and inspired by this thougths and words that were in attendance.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Yeah - he was supposed to visit Rice University in Houston just after the Austin appearance, and we had tickets, but Hurricane Rita intervened.