• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hindus only: Do Hindus discriminate against Monotheist Hindus?

ngupta

title used by customer
The answer is a firm and resounding yes.

On the higher, philosophical level, all the schools centrally are Monotheistic and then they take turns diverting in their own directions when it comes to certain concepts being Monism of different stripes.

There is dislike and apathy towards Monotheism. This is a fact. This I think has got to do with Abrahamic religions on one hand and overall predominance of people of certain schools of thought within Hinduism.

IMO Kashmir Shaivites and Sri Vaishnavites are the ones that least show least displeasure with Monotheistic ideals. Because they are significantly Monotheistic.

Whenever an outsider wants to learn about Hinduism. They are immediately fed with the idea that Hinduism is exclusively Pantheistic or Panentheistic without exception.

I shall present this topic as an example for proof

http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...-do-sanatana-dharmists-believe-god-everything

100% said yes. Andal, atanu, Ekanta, Gaura Priya, Gjallarhorn, IsmailaGodHasHeard, Madhuri, Onkara, ratikala, TouchedbytheLord, Vinayaka, Wannabe Yogi

Do people realize that there are schools within Hinduism that are predominantly Monotheistic? Such as the school of Madhvacharya and Sri Kantha?

ngupta

title used by customer
Hinduism has a varying set of theologies. Its quite prejudiced to suggest your own without mentioning others. Thats deliberate concealment and therefore proselytization. How can I learn about Hinduism, if everyone in the DIR are only responding with their own opinions and sectarian inclinations?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
The members you have listed are monotheistic panentheists, so they are goign to tick 'yes'. If the question was "Do all Sanatana Dharmists believe in panentheism?", then I believe the results would have been indicative of "no". The way the majority of people interpreted this statement was; "Do Sanatana Dharmists believe", which leaves it to personal opinion.

You are the first to claim there is dislike and apathy towards monotheism on here. I do not understand how you ended up with this idea. I have heard a similar claim towards polytheism, as well.

Hinduism has a varying set of theologies. Its quite prejudiced to suggest your own without mentioning others. Thats deliberate concealment and therefore proselytization. How can I learn about Hinduism, if everyone in the DIR are only responding with their own opinions and sectarian inclinations?
As you know, Hinduism is an incredibly varied faith. People are going to give their own opinions and sectarian inclinations.

I don't see it as proselytization as you claim. People give their opinions, that's all people can give, and suggest both scripture and non-religious literature for people to read, can we not?

Members here are not paṇḍits, nor ṛṣis, nor gurus - at least not right now anyway.