• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hinduism: Money In Hinduism - WASTED!

patl101

well I agree with you there michael I have the right to worship as I like too hare

''worship as i like'' lol. how can any hindu take you seriously-even for a 13 year old, that is ignorant.
if your a hindu you dont have the right to worship how you like, you have to worship god the way he tells you to. so you might aswell take up a new hippie-type religion.

''worship as i like'' lol. how can any hindu take you seriously-even for a 13 year old, that is ignorant.
if your a hindu you dont have the right to worship how you like, you have to worship god the way he tells you to. so you might aswell take up a new hippie-type religion.

You are an evangilical swaminarayan, you do not deserve to be a hindu.

For a 13 year old, i have more sense of hte hindu religion then, wisdom is not confined to the old. Ashtavakra, a boy of the vedic age proved it. He was able to beat among the highest and most respected sages in debates.

Think before you make reference to my age. If anyone, YOU would makea new religion. Hindus do havea right to worship as we like, otherwise we would have just one god, and not millions. You obviously know nothing about hinduism.

Im not saying im a genius, because im not, i just saying you have no concept of hinduism. Having a the concept of hte OSS is good, but it contradicts the Gita in certain respects. This is why i stay away from your scriptures.

Brahma, Vishnu, Mahesh, Krishna, Ram, Kam, Indra, Varun, Agni, Vayu etc...

We have many gods, i know that this is all a face of one god. I am not stupid.

Uhh, hinduism does have millions of gods. Not to say that they are all the one true and only god. But they all do lead to moksh.

Thats shows how clever you are! There is only 1 Gita. :p

michaelm

One of the things that I thought made Hinduism a good example to other religions was the way Hindus understood that there are many paths to God. Bhakti, Jhana, Dhyana, Karma, Raja Yoga. For some, they see 'God' in the form of Krishna, for others in the form of Vishnu, or Rama or..... whilst others try to follow the formless. Which is right? which is wrong? questions that dont apply. The path depends on your nature, but all those paths lead to the same place. To tell one person they are wrong because they are on a different path is to beleive only one path is true.

There are many scriptures, the Bhaghavad Gita is one of many. There are different ways of seeing and different paths to follow.

There is only one supreme reality God. What you call Gods is refering to Demigods. They are iShwars not God. They all work for God.

satayāśraddhayā yuktas
tasyārādhanam īhate
labhatecatataḥkāmān
mayaiva vihitānhitān …

TRANSLATION
Endowed with such a faith, he endeavors to worship a particular demigod and obtains his desires. But in actuality these benefits are bestowed by Me alone… 7.23
The demigods cannot award benedictions to their devotees without the permission of the Supreme Lord. The living entity may forget that everything is the property of the Supreme Lord, but the demigods do not forget. So the worship of demigods and achievement of desired results are due not to the demigods but to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, by arrangement. The less intelligent living entity does not know this, and therefore he foolishly goes to the demigods for some benefit. But the pure devotee, when in need of something, prays only to the Supreme Lord. Asking for material benefit, however, is not a sign of a pure devotee. A living entity goes to the demigods usually because he is mad to fulfill his lust. This happens when something undue is desired by the living entity and the Lord Himself does not fulfill the desire. In the Caitanya-caritāmṛta it is said that one who worships the Supreme Lord and at the same time desires material enjoyment is contradictory in his desires. Devotional service to the Supreme Lord and the worship of a demigod cannot be on the same platform, because worship of a demigod is material and devotional service to the Supreme Lord is completely spiritual.

antavat tuphalaḿteṣāḿ
tad bhavaty alpa-medhasām
devāndeva-yajo yānti
mad-bhaktāyāntimāmapi

TRANSLATION
Men of small intelligence worship the demigods, and their fruits are limited and temporary. Those who worship the demigods go to the planets of the demigods, but My devotees ultimately reach My supreme planet… 7.23
avyaktaḿvyaktimāpannaḿ
manyantemāmabuddhayaḥ
paraḿbhāvam ajānanto
mamāvyayam anuttamam

TRANSLATION
Unintelligent men, who do not know Me perfectly, think that I, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Kṛṣṇa, was impersonal before and have now assumed this personality. Due to their small knowledge, they do not know My higher nature, which is imperishable and supreme. 7.24

PURPORT
Those who are worshipers of demigods have been described as less intelligent persons, and here the impersonalists are similarly described. Lord Kṛṣṇa in His personal form is here speaking before Arjuna, and still, due to ignorance, impersonalists argue that the Supreme Lord ultimately has no form. Yāmunācārya, a great devotee of the Lord in the disciplic succession of Rāmānujācārya, has written two very appropriate verses in this connection. He says,
tvāḿśīla-rūpa-caritaiḥparama-prakṛṣṭaiḥ
sattvenasāttvikatayā prabalaiś caśāstraiḥ
prakhyāta-daiva-paramārtha-vidāḿ mataiś ca
naivāsura-prakṛtayaḥprabhavantiboddhum
"My dear Lord, devotees like Vyāsadeva and Nārada know You to be the Personality of Godhead. By understanding different Vedic literatures, one can come to know Your characteristics, Your form and Your activities, and one can thus understand that You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead. But those who are in the modes of passion and ignorance, the demons, the nondevotees, cannot understand You. They are unable to understand You. However expert such nondevotees may be in discussing Vedānta and the Upaniṣads and other Vedic literatures, it is not possible for them to understand the Personality of Godhead." (Stotra-ratna 12)

ye 'py anya-devatā-bhaktā
yajante śraddhayānvitāḥ
te 'pi māmevakaunteya
yajanty avidhi-pūrvakam

TRANSLATION
Those who are devotees of other gods and who worship them with faith actually worship only Me, O son of Kuntī, but they do so in a wrong way.. 9.23
PURPORT
"Persons who are engaged in the worship of demigods are not very intelligent, although such worship is offered to Me indirectly," Kṛṣṇa says. For example, when a man pours water on the leaves and branches of a tree without pouring water on the root, he does so without sufficient knowledge or without observing regulative principles. Similarly, the process of rendering service to different parts of the body is to supply food to the stomach. The demigods are, so to speak, different officers and directors in the government of the Supreme Lord. One has to follow the laws made by the government, not by the officers or directors. Similarly, everyone is to offer his worship to the Supreme Lord only. That will automatically satisfy the different officers and directors of the Lord. The officers and directors are engaged as representatives of the government, and to offer some bribe to the officers and directors is illegal. This is stated here as avidhi-pūrvakam. In other words, Kṛṣṇa does not approve the unnecessary worship of the demigods.

Since God sent you down here to rid yourself of inner enemies. Demigods look after this universe and how it functions. In case you didnt realise... for example there is a demigod for every element, emotion, sense etc.

It seems that you have not yet read the Shrimad Bhagvat yet either as a "devout hindu" if not as a "devout Swaminarayan follower".

michaelm

Bhagavad Gita, Eknarth Easwaran translation:

9:23 - 25

"Those who worship other gods with faith and devotion also worship me, Arjuna, even if they do not observe the usual forms. I am the object of all worship, its enjoyer and Lord. But those who fail to realise my true nature must be reborn. Those who worship the devas will go to the realm of the devas; those who worship their ancestors will be united with them after death. Those who worship phantoms will become phantoms; but my devotees will come to me."

i worship other gods. YAY!

i worship other gods. YAY!
Then you will go to their realms then be reborn back on teh earth if your Karma is great. But liberation is not this. Moksh is only attained by worshipping God or His incarnations.

TRANSLATION
Those who are devotees of other gods and who worship them with faith actually worship only Me, O son of Kuntī, but they do so in a wrong way.. 9.23
PURPORT
"Persons who are engaged in the worship of demigods are not very intelligent, although such worship is offered to Me indirectly," Kṛṣṇa says. For example, when a man pours water on the leaves and branches of a tree without pouring water on the root, he does so without sufficient knowledge or without observing regulative principles. Similarly, the process of rendering service to different parts of the body is to supply food to the stomach. The demigods are, so to speak, different officers and directors in the government of the Supreme Lord. One has to follow the laws made by the government, not by the officers or directors. Similarly, everyone is to offer his worship to the Supreme Lord only. That will automatically satisfy the different officers and directors of the Lord. The officers and directors are engaged as representatives of the government, and to offer some bribe to the officers and directors is illegal. This is stated here as avidhi-pūrvakam. In other words, Kṛṣṇa does not approve the unnecessary worship of the demigods.