• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hindu temple near me

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
I recently moved into a little trailer, and right on the other side of my fence is the only Hindu Temple in town. I am unsure of how to enter, I would like to go though.
There is a number for me to call.
Has anyone here been a monk or a practitioner in a Hindu temple? Can you give me some general advice about entering that lifestyle? I’ve wanted to be a practitioner in a temple, for some time. The urge comes and goes, but I thirst for spiritual growth, and I think that a temple environment is optimal.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Have a shower, wear modest clothes and refrain from eating meat that day. Then just go on in and make friends with the pundit lol
Easy peasy

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I will stress on modest clothes and removal of shoes (general practice, socks OK). No need for any offerings to deities on the first visit or perhaps just a flower or two. A 'namaste' to deities will do. Sit down and observe. That is all what there is to do.