• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hindu Proof of God: Best Arguments

Spirit_Warrior

I have not read all the posts in this thread - but I disagree with almost everything.

#1. I do not believe that a random event exists. Those that argue random events do so from a frame work of not understanding the parameters of the event.

Same, random events cannot happen in a functional system, because a system being made up of several interconnected parts, would then have to resolve to accommodate that event i.e., there can never be any local random events. Whitehead makes a very similar argument criticising simple locality.

#2. The Universe is isotropic – both in space and time. But I do not believe time is a dimension and time is definingly not isotropic – nor is time continuous. (as per Special Relativity)

Not sure what you are trying to say or what it has to do with this discussion.

#3. The Universe is also empirical. Some have argued that the universe may be a “virtual reality” and such arguments push the limits of the universe being empirical – but for any rational discussion I see no point in assuming non-empirical parameters.

Ditto

#4. If anyone is going to introduce mathematical fractals into the discussion – I assume they are proponents of Chaos Theory – Which is the theory of explaining balance in complex systems based on the parameters from which the balance exists.

Then you have to show an example of a totally chaotic system building a functional system, or painting a Mona Lisa or writing Hamlet. Several simulations have been attempted and all that has ever been proven is chaos leads to chaos, random mess.

#5. Scientifically we define intelligence as the ability to learn and alter existing sequences of events. In short this means to learn and modify behavior

This is artificial intelligence, not living intelligence. Living intelligence is sentient, conscious, aware etc. Artificial intelligence does not. We attribute the term "intelligence" to the computer, in very much the same way we attribute to the car's engine gender, emotional states like anger or excitement(e.g 'shes angry today'). Recently, some philosophers have begun to attribute intentions to toasters.Or attributing to a goldfish that it is smiling. It is called anthropomorphism -- attributing human qualities to non-human and inanimate objects.

#6. The theories of Dark Energy and Dark Radiation exist because the Universe is currently displaying non-cyclic behavior.

Again, not sure what this has to do with the discussion.