• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hindu Men and Beards

Sb1995

Om Sai Ram
I personally prefer the latter. The lack of a mustache in the former picture just doesn't jive with my personal preferences for beard grooming. The latter is definitely more aesthetic, in my opinion.

Lol I forgot to mention I'd of course have the moustache as well

Sb1995

Om Sai Ram
Namaste SB

It seems your beard is very handsome.

While I changed my mind about growing one for now, who knows? Maybe later i will change my mind again.

Perhaps there is something about when a man grows older, he wants to grow a beard. God gave us a beard as you know. My Father didn't have a beard until he was in his 70s, previous to that he was clean shaven.

I love Sikhs, and their manly beards.

Om Namah Sivaya
Why thank you, I appreciate it. I'm only 18 too so it makes me look older. If theres one thing God gave 99% of Indians, it's hair :yes: ;)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
So these are NOT some stupid plastic Taj Mahal stuck on top of a white cake, but a fully eatable Taj Mahal the entire thing a cake and hard sugar.
Won't you like a photograph cake. I liked those better than shaped cakes. Here is one we had for the first birth day of my second grandson and the Taj Mahal (Taj Bibi ka Roza - Mausoleum of Queen Mumtaj Mahal, as it is called in Agra), also a famous line from a Urdu poem on Taj by Sahir Ludhianvi, a famous Urdu poet of India. You can read the full translation at the link.

aupmanyav-albums-lumbini-picture5395-dsc0044.jpg
Taj+mahal1.jpg

Taaj tere liye ek mazaar-e-ulfat hi sahi,
Tumko is vaadi-e-rangeen se aquidat hi sahi,
Mere mehboob kahin aur milaa kar mujhse.

For you the Taj may well be the quintessence of ardour,
while full well may you regard this exquisite vale. (Even so)
My love, (I would like you to) meet me at some other place.
as any fule kno: Taj Mahal by Sahir Ludhianvi: a new translation

Last edited:

satyaroop

But I cannot stand mustaches. I cant help it I don´t like them.

maya, your masseur is here, he's waiting in the virtual ashram, he looks like this
article-2478699-19089F1700000578-509_306x450.jpg

-------------

@shivafan, happy birthday or belated happy birthday if I'm late

Kalidas

Namaste Hindu Men

Would you sport a beard? Do you now?

Would you say this is a general sport among Hindu laymen (verse yogis, sadhus, etc. many whom have beards)?

My father sports a beard (not a long one but a short one). But never in my life have I. I am not talking about priests or advanced yogis or such, I am asking of common Hindu males, what do you think of a beard?

I am getting older, will soon retire. Should I sport a short, manicured beard?

Om Namah Sivaya
No beard (work won't allow them) but I have a mustache that I have recently been using pomade to curl in that old school fashion. Handle Bar mustache they call it.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Lol I forgot to mention I'd of course have the moustache as well

I personally like the ones that are sported by Mahesh Babu (a light fizz), Arjun Rampal (royalesque short-length beard), and Prabhas (pretty much unkempt, good genetics, easy to groom).

acharya%20title%20not%20for%20mahesh%20babu%20loktv.net.jpg
bi-122948.jpg
Prabhd-Huk-415x260.jpg

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
jodha-akbar-adham-khan-and-his-useless-attacks.jpg

Here is one of my most favorite "Indian TV" actors. He has an example of a nice beard, it includes moustache. He's a handsome one, that's for sure.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Here is one of my most favorite "Indian TV" actors. He has an example of a nice beard, it includes moustache. He's a handsome one, that's for sure.
Crafty, Villainesque (sorry, only my view, never liked the gentleman, and on top of it drooping mustaches). Fine body at one time, but now nearly everybody else also has it in Bollywood or on Indian TV. :D

Haryaksha

I've had a shortly trimmed goatee for almost the past 2 years. I've thought about growing it out like Sri Aurobindo, but I don't think I would look nearly as awesome as he did :)

I've noticed mustaches on a lot of Indians/Hindus, but I personally don't care for them myself. Maybe full beards will become more popular among everyday Hindus with the ascension of Modi.

On a somewhat unrelated note, what method of shaving do you all use? Disposable razor? Electric razor? Safety razor? Straight razor?

I used an electric razor when I first started shaving, then switched over to wet shaving with disposable razors for a few years. Since the beginning of this year, I've been using a double-edged safety razor. I got a shaving brush and soaps to go with it, and together they provide a very close, comfortable, and soothing shave. It's also very cost-effective in the long-run. I got a synthetic shaving brush, as it seems more humane than using a boar or badger haired brush. My goal is to eventually use an old-fashioned straight razor, just like my grandfather :)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Safety razor, perhaps like your father but not the straight razor (I think you mean 'ustara' with its grinding stone) like your grandfather. :D