• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey RF!

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I wanted to write one big letter to RF before Christmas time, and better to do it now before I forget.

I haven't been on the forum much lately. Some might think I got distracted or just rage-quit, perhaps. But I've had a lot going on. I met a pretty incredible person in real-life, and we spent a lot of time playing video games and hanging out. This experience has made me realize that sometimes, it's rewarding for me to "get outside my own headspace". Unfortunately, after awhile, me and this person lost synchronization with each other, and decided to part ways, though amicably.

Also, as an aspiring freelancer, I've faced the challenge of my industry (ie, the video game industry) becoming stagnant and facing hard times. This problem has been acknowledged by others and other developers, so it's not really something I see the need to debate - it's just a fact that after a boost during the pandemic, the game industry is facing tougher times with layoffs, etc. Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly alright - but this does tell me I need to find a new "creative edge" to my work, or a different field altogether. So it's been eye-opening.

Well, that's all for now!

Happy holidays!

Or for @Revoltingest ... Happy Festivus!

14891182018_63a73aed14_k~2.jpg