• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Herman Cain Any Worse Than Others?

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I can totally see Cain agreeing to a polygraph, seeing as it is blindingly obvious to anybody with rudimentary skill at reading body language that he is lying. :rolleyes:

And I can see that the timing of all this is opportunistic.

Clinton was much more than some guy who cheated. The world was better off having him.

I for one could care less if Cain played grab *** or not.

I am tired of all this puritanical demonetisation of great presidents, great golfers and future great men because they offended somebody somewhere once upon a time.

In this day and age anyone can be guilty upon accusation.

The truth of the matter is, I don't think the world is ready for a Conservative Black man in the White House. It scares the hell out of folks.

Alceste

Vagabond
And I can see that the timing of all this is opportunistic.

Clinton was much more than some guy who cheated. The world was better off having him.

I for one could care less if Cain played grab *** or not.

I am tired of all this puritanical demonetisation of great presidents, great golfers and future great men because they offended somebody somewhere once upon a time.

In this day and age anyone can be guilty upon accusation.

The truth of the matter is, I don't think the world is ready for a Conservative Black man in the White House. It scares the hell out of folks.

I don't care about black or conservative, I just don't want to read about the inappropriate sexist behavior and sexual misadventures of another Berlusconi in the headlines every other day.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
You think sexual harassment/assault is a trivial, irrelevant matter?

I think anyone can accuse someone of anything. Is it trivial? It must have been, the issue was settled for very little.

Clinton got a hummer in the white house. So what? Did it affect his job performance?

Herman is accused of trying to get what Clinton got and supposedly took no for an answer according to his accuser.

Sooooo anyone who ever put the move on anyone should not be President?

It's not harassment until the advances are announced to be unwelcome.

Repeated advances are harassment. No means No. Last time I checked, there is nothing wrong with asking.....once.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I think anyone can accuse someone of anything. Is it trivial? It must have been, the issue was settled for very little.

It's apparent to me that he's lying about something. If it was so trivial, I don't see why he feels the need to lie about it so adamantly. And poorly, at that.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Everyone has an opinion. MY opinion is if this guy was a Liberal people would be lining up behind him and calling his accusers racist.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Everyone has an opinion. MY opinion is if this guy was a Liberal people would be lining up behind him and calling his accusers racist.

Yeah, I'm neither liberal nor conservative, and don't base my views or opinions on such silly, arbitrary things. To me, he's an obvious liar. More obvious than most, actually. Related to my original point, I wonder if it's worse or better to have poor liars in office.

Alceste

Vagabond
Yeah, I'm neither liberal nor conservative, and don't base my views or opinions on such silly, arbitrary things. To me, he's an obvious liar. More obvious than most, actually. Related to my original point, I wonder if it's worse or better to have poor liars in office.

I prefer good liars, personally. Skilful lying is a sign of intelligence.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
:clap I heard someone suggest the best way for Cain to deflect the charges would be to switch to the Democrats.:jester3:
Father Heathen said:
Did Clinton victimize women?
Yes. He had a long history even before the Lewinsky. Click here for the ones that are known.

I guess it's because Clinton is charming and charismatic, but he was about as Teflon coated as Reagan was with Iran Contra.

As for Cain...oh yeah...the topic..:p...He definitely has a strong business background, and he's a political outsider. Not being a fan of career politicians, I have to admit I'm drawn to him. Oh yeah...he lives in Georgia too. :D I'm a bit concerned about his electability nation wide. He had a talk show on WSB, so some people paint him with the same brush as Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.

In short, I don't think he's any worse than other GOP potentials. I just hope they settle on someone who can defeat Obama.