• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Here's a mindbender...

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
wasn't sure if this should go here or under Philosophy...One of the current philosophical positions that underlies our current science: Information Realism

Physics Is Pointing Inexorably to Mind

As with ontic structural realism and trope theory, this makes my head hurt...but this is a look into the philosophy underlying modern science, at least some for some scientists...

thoughts?

Yerda

Veteran Member
There's a surprising amount of this kind of thing going about. I find it pleasing to entertain but I guess I'll believe it when Kastrup can build a theory that has the edge over a 'materialistic' theory.

Good find. His website looks interesting.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I've had a life-long interest in "far out physics" of every kind and found this piece interesting. I'm not sure where it leads in the long run, but it's close to what mystics say, albeit with different language:

The mental universe exists in mind but not in your personal mind alone. Instead, it is a transpersonal field of mentation that presents itself to us as physicality—with its concreteness, solidity and definiteness—once our personal mental processes interact with it through observation.