• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

>here<

.lava

Veteran Member
Hay everyone,

i'd like to tell you why i am here.

i do not like to spend hours in front of my pc. i sometimes surf the net.
lately i found a forum by chance. i saw people were talking about Islam. their main idea was and even is, that Islam brings violance to societies.

i realized most of the people know the names of the concepts but how they interpret is wrong. that's why i try to write in forums to tell what Islam really is. if it is misunderstood i do bother, if it is understood and rejected, that is fine.

my hope is that people distinguish the difference between the religion itself and what people make out of it.

my intention is not to convert people to Islam. i can't do that.
in entire world there is not even one person who could do that.
what converts people to religion is their hearts, not others.

i just want to make that point clear. gain and loss are both completely personal.

other than that, i would like to share the science of Allah with you as much as possible.

thank you very much

:flower2:

lava

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Welcome to RF. It's a pleasure to meet you.

Yes, unfortunately some people misunderstand Islam and jump to their own conclusions without knowing better. I commend you for wanting to spread the truth. There are a lot of Muslim posters here who make very valuable contributions. I hope you enjoy your stay. Have fun. :)

FatMan

I think you will find the viewpoint on Islam to be much more balanced here than other places on the Net.

djackson

Welcome. The voice of reason in any religion is as cool water.

I'm afraid I am one who does not understand Islam very well. What I know is from magazine articles (not the rags, mainly National Geographic, US News and World Report, and my parent's religion study guides). My perception and correct me if I'm wrong, is that Mohamed was a prophet who existed after the time of Christ but basically following Old Testament principles, including that of the "sermon and the sword". While violence was more practical for the political and geographical climate of his time, the philosophical and spiritual principles may still apply today for the followers and searchers of Allah. Christians do not crusade anymore, nor do they strictly follow the rules laid down for the Israelites in the time of Moses. They do not literally stone people for their transgressions... maybe figuratively. :sarcastic

Myself, I do not subscribe to any organized religion, neither Christian nor Muslim. I practice tolerance and to each their own, stressing OWN, not judging or imposing will upon others. Please add your thoughts and moderation to a misunderstanding world.

Welcome again.

.lava

Veteran Member
Welcome. The voice of reason in any religion is as cool water.

I'm afraid I am one who does not understand Islam very well. What I know is from magazine articles (not the rags, mainly National Geographic, US News and World Report, and my parent's religion study guides). My perception and correct me if I'm wrong, is that Mohamed was a prophet who existed after the time of Christ but basically following Old Testament principles, including that of the "sermon and the sword". While violence was more practical for the political and geographical climate of his time, the philosophical and spiritual principles may still apply today for the followers and searchers of Allah. Christians do not crusade anymore, nor do they strictly follow the rules laid down for the Israelites in the time of Moses. They do not literally stone people for their transgressions... maybe figuratively. :sarcastic

Myself, I do not subscribe to any organized religion, neither Christian nor Muslim. I practice tolerance and to each their own, stressing OWN, not judging or imposing will upon others. Please add your thoughts and moderation to a misunderstanding world.

Welcome again.

well i hope we have chance to talk someday.
however religion appears to be social issue, it is very personal and private.
there are maybe people on earth who doesnot know the civilizations and there are people who is close to Allah among them.

you know, staring at the stars and wondering who you are, what you are and where you came from. this is very humane. if that curiousity leads a person to have faith in one Creator, that is humane too.
after that, if person wants to reach who created him then he is on the path of Islam. no matter what religion he's labelled by his society, no matter which jungle he's hidden from big cities.

when we die we do reach Allah weither we believe it or not. therefor to have desire to reach Allah considered as dying before death. and Allah knows what we want and it gives us what we want.
that would be the key of heaven all by itself. one sincere wish to reach Allah before we die.

ps: die before death gets you, is something said by Mohammed (PBUH)

i thank you all for your welcomes.
i hope to come back soon to talk to you lovely people.