• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Henry Kissinger dead at 100

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I am happy for him; :)
he has finally reunited with his master, the one who guided him through his life, and made him commit the most atrocious and despicable acts.
The Plan Condor, Cambodia and other unspeakable things.
He will stay with his master for all eternity.

Godly Justice.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
My thoughts go to the Argentinian guys become famous as the chicos de la noche de los lapices.
Kidnapped, incarcerated in a concentration camp, and murdered after unspeakable tortures. Only Pablo Diaz survived.
Just because they had asked for the boleto estudiantil, a students' welfare card.

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
This article from AP reviews Kissinger's life and career.

Kissinger was pudgy and messy but incongruously acquired a reputation as a ladies’ man in the staid Nixon administration. Kissinger, who divorced his first wife in 1964, called women “a diversion, a hobby.” Hollywood executives were eager to set him up with starlets, whom Kissinger squired to premieres and showy restaurants, according to Isaacson. Jill St. John was a frequent companion. Others he dated included Shirley MacLaine, Marlo Thomas, Candice Bergen and Liv Ullmann.

In a poll of Playboy Club Bunnies in 1972, the man whom Newsweek dubbed “Super-K” finished first as “the man I would most like to go out on a date with.”

Kissinger’s explanation: “Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac.”

Nixon at first found Kissinger’s image as a swinger amusing, but later tired of it. Chief of staff H.R. Haldeman in 1971 issued a memo stating that “in seating at State Dinners, the President feels that Henry should not always be put next to the most glamorous woman. ... It’s starting to cause unfavorable talk that serves no useful purpose.”

It turned out that Kissinger’s real love interest was Nancy Maginnes, a tall, glamorous researcher for Nelson Rockefeller whom he dated for years before they married in 1974.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

I'll admit I have mixed feelings about Kissinger, but his passing feels like the end of an era.

I think Kissinger exemplified the most abusive, murderous, and brutally hegemonic aspects of American foreign policy. In many cases, his mentality was a microcosm of the worst traits of the American empire.

I wish I could say his death marked the end of the era of such foreign policies, but I don't believe that's the case.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
And here the YT comments endearment. :)

Henry Kissinger, former Secretary of State dead at 100 - YouTube - AVG Secure Browser 30_11_20...png

Henry Kissinger - Secrets of a superpower _ DW Documentary - YouTube - AVG Secure Browser 30_1...png

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I think Kissinger exemplified the most abusive, murderous, and brutally hegemonic aspects of American foreign policy. In many cases, his mentality was a microcosm of the worst traits of the American empire.

I wish I could say his death marked the end of the era of such foreign policies, but I don't believe that's the case.

I agree with what you're saying, except I don't know if I would use the superlative "most" in this context. Kissinger represented the US establishment and the ideas which are still propagated nowadays. I don't think it's possible to separate the man from the ideals he represented and the regime of which he was an integral part (the same regime which still exists today).

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I agree with what you're saying, except I don't know if I would use the superlative "most" in this context. Kissinger represented the US establishment and the ideas which are still propagated nowadays. I don't think it's possible to separate the man from the ideals he represented and the regime of which he was an integral part (the same regime which still exists today).
Can you express your take in my thread?Kissinger. Who he was.
Thank you. I'd like to debate with you. :)

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

Good points, and I largely agree. He was a cog in the machine, after all—even if a big cog at one time.