• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Helpful tool

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Prometheus Greek A god

Wrong on one part; he technically isn't a god but is rather a Titan. Putting that aside, simply saying "a god" is an obvious expression of laziness of an extremely important character.

The Sum of Awe

I do not recall any Babylonian mother deity under the name of "Chaos"

Cutzi? Aquit? From the Americas? I looked that up and found completely nothing except for this site and others copying it

Okay, this list is too long, I'm sure you all get the point by now: No list is ever perfect.

Last edited:

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
What's your point? You're in wrong thread for objectivity. You could make up your own gods with their own histories for all I care.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Prometheus Greek A god

Wrong on one part; he technically isn't a god but is rather a Titan. Putting that aside, simply saying "a god" is an obvious expression of laziness of an extremely important character.

Titans are Gods. Just a different "race" of gods from the Olympians. Titans came before.

The Sum of Awe

What's your point? You're in wrong thread for objectivity. You could make up your own gods with their own histories for all I care.

Something doesn't require objectivity to be on the accuracy scale, and considering I just found those mistakes, I'm sure there's a lot more mistakes.

My point simply is that this isn't entirely reliable.

ScottySatan

Something doesn't require objectivity to be on the accuracy scale, and considering I just found those mistakes, I'm sure there's a lot more mistakes.

My point simply is that this isn't entirely reliable.

You're losing here, mate, I disagree with you as well. But now that you mention it, do you see any more mistakes or sloppiness like you predicted?

The Sum of Awe

You're losing here, mate, I disagree with you as well. But now that you mention it, do you see any more mistakes or sloppiness like you predicted?

I haven't cared to look.

And losing what? I'm merely saying that this list is not something to put much reliance on, there is proof of sloppiness and laziness in at least a few.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I haven't cared to look.

And losing what? I'm merely saying that this list is not something to put much reliance on, there is proof of sloppiness and laziness in at least a few.

You make a habit in relying on objectively existing, contradictory god concepts?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Hmm. I always thought they were replaced after that war and Zeus saved the Olympians.

Zeus overthrew the Titans. He didn't "save" anyone. He wasn't much different from his murderous father, Cronus. But you miss the point if you think mythology is supposed to be taken literally. There's people who worship Titans.

The Sum of Awe

Zeus overthrew the Titans. He didn't "save" anyone. He wasn't much different from his murderous father, Cronus. But you miss the point if you think mythology is supposed to be taken literally. There's people who worship Titans.

That is all true, and I don't at all take mythology literally, I have no idea where you got that from.

But how did he not save the Olympians after they were devoured by Cronus?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
That is all true, and I don't at all take mythology literally, I have no idea where you got that from.

But how did he not save the Olympians after they were devoured by Cronus?

He mostly overthrew his father in order to usurp his authority. He did similar things after he became the ruler, such as eating Metis when he learned of a prophecy of a child from their coupling producing a son that would overthrow him.

I've never had much of an attachment to Zeus.