• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help with Baby Names

What should I name my son?

• Michael Bryce

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • James Bryce

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Andrew Bryce

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Matthew Bryce

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Joseph Bryce

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Jensa said:
I can edit the poll so that it says Matthew, if you like :)
my sons are called Andrew Mark, and james Matthew.

Maize said:
Before you got the poll up I was thinking, Matthew Bryce.. so I'm excited that was one of the choices. :D

When is the big day?
Same here, I love "Andrew".

The reality is though, that Andrew doesn't like his name, and neither does James.:biglaugh:

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Warm wishes to you and your wife and the little one! I'm partial to the name Michael, so I chose Michael Bryce.

I'm excited for you two!

Smoke

Done here.
I like Andrew; I had a great friend named, now departed, named Andrew. Of course, I don't expect that to have much weight with you. ;) My friend was called "Drew," not "Andy."

Squirt

nutshell said:
I went with Joesph. I think it's a great name as long as you stick with Joseph and he doesn't become Joe.
Great choice! And don't let anybody tell you that he'll end up being "Joe" and you can't do anything about it. He'll be what you call him. If you call him Joseph, chances are that's what he'll be called throughout his life. Once again -- you've got excellent taste in names.

Aqualung

Tasty
Meh, I"m not a big fan of S names. Though if you spelled it Stephen and shortened it to Step, that wouldn't be bad.

SoyLeche

meh...
OK, I'll tell you all where we actually stand on this. We like James Bryce - that is my name inverted. Our second choice is Matthew (and it's a pretty close second, but James will probably win). Andrew isn't really much of an option because I have a cousin named Andrew (my wife didn't realize that when she did this poll on another site, so I just used her list). Joseph is a family name - Great Great Grandpa, Great Grandpa and my Grandpa was Joe - not Joseph. We just kinda like Michael, and will likely use it on a later child if it is still available in the family.

Thanks for your input. Keep up the discussion if you like.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
Andrew is one of my favourite names. : )

... Actually, names that start with A are my favouritest names. XD I plan on naming my children Alistar and Aishana.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
jamaesi said:
Andrew is one of my favourite names. : )

... Actually, names that start with A are my favouritest names. XD I plan on naming my children Alistar and Aishana.
Oh, I especially like the name Aishana. Never heard it before. It is beautiful!

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
Oh, I especially like the name Aishana. Never heard it before. It is beautiful!
I love the name Aisha (one of the Prophet's wives)- but I have a thing about names with 7 letters, so by adding -na to the end it's seven letters and a more unique name. : ) I hope to adopt a girl from China and name her this. Her full name would be Aishana Zhanshi- Jensa helped me pick out the middle name, it's Chinese. (And my current SO's last name has seven letters, too. XD) The boy would be Alistar Gabriel.