• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help with Baby Names

What should I name my son?

• Michael Bryce

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • James Bryce

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Andrew Bryce

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Matthew Bryce

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Joseph Bryce

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

SoyLeche

meh...
I'm interested in your opinions on a few baby names for my son. My wife and I are expecting in a couple of weeks now. We pretty much have it down to two, but I won't tell you what those are so that I won't bias the results. Just so you know, though, Bryce is pretty much a non-negotiable on the middle name. That's my name, and it's kinda a family tradition. Also, our favorite name for him inverts my name - giving him my middle name as his first.

Anyway, enjoy -- Poll to follow.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Before you got the poll up I was thinking, Matthew Bryce.. so I'm excited that was one of the choices. :D

When is the big day?

Aqualung

Tasty
I say mathew, but I would really like if you spelled it correctly. :D James is definitely a very close second, though. Actually, almost so close it's a tie. Actually, maybe it is a tie.

SoyLeche

meh...
Aqualung said:
I say mathew, but I would really like if you spelled it correctly. :D James is definitely a very close second, though. Actually, almost so close it's a tie. Actually, maybe it is a tie.
Oh, yeah. I should proof read. We would spell Matthew the right way if that is what we were to choose.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Personally, I think Michael is an awesome name :D But I have a fascination for names ending in -el.

Aqualung

Tasty
SoyLeche said:
Oh, yeah. I should proof read. We would spell Matthew the right way if that is what we were to choose.
Oh, good. I thought you were trying to be "clever" and spell it differently.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
SoyLeche said:
I can edit the poll so that it says Matthew, if you like :)

fromthe heart

I thought since you are LDS you might want to use Joseph to put your faith into your childs name as well...just a thought but they are ALL good names and whatever you chose I'm sure it will be the right one for all concerned. Congrats on the baby and well wishes to you all.:)

SoyLeche

meh...
fromthe heart said:
I thought since you are LDS you might want to use Joseph to put your faith into your childs name as well...just a thought but they are ALL good names and whatever you chose I'm sure it will be the right one for all concerned. Congrats on the baby and well wishes to you all.:)
Actually, Joseph is a family name. I'm not going to tell you if that is one of our top 2 yet though.

Squirt

SoyLeche said:
I'm interested in your opinions on a few baby names for my son. My wife and I are expecting in a couple of weeks now. We pretty much have it down to two, but I won't tell you what those are so that I won't bias the results. Just so you know, though, Bryce is pretty much a non-negotiable on the middle name. That's my name, and it's kinda a family tradition. Also, our favorite name for him inverts my name - giving him my middle name as his first.

Anyway, enjoy -- Poll to follow.
This is funny, but when I saw your opening post, before I'd even read the choices on the poll, I thought "Hmmm. James Bryce, Andrew Bryce or Joseph Bryce." And that's the truth! Actually, I think they're all winners. I really do like all of them. You listed my favorite boys' names.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I kind of like Andrew Bryce, but maybe that's because I have an alphabetical bias. (I always got miffed that the first kids that got to give their book reports first were either the ones whose first names started at the begining of the alphabet or, when the teachers felt 'goofy', the ones starting at the end. And then, in high school, it was by the last name! Those of us hailing with both names in the middle never stood a chance.)

(My point during that last bit- and I did have one!- was that I would advise you not to name your son Margaret Lawrence.)

waldo

lol, i hate them all.
What the heck are you thinking? :biglaugh:Okay first of all, those are all lame and really common names
and second, people will call him mike--not michael, joe--not joseph, matt--not mathew, and possibly andy instead of andrew. The abbreviations are even worse and more common.
but, i guess andrew would be my favorite of those
also, why are most of them biblical names? if you're gonna go that road, name him Joshua, (but don't call him josh, Joshua is much cooler:D)

Aqualung

Tasty
I'm with waldo on this one. Joshua is a rockin' name. :D I also agree that the abreviations are horrid, but you can just always call your kid by the full name, and then he will always correct people if they try to shorten it.

nutshell

I went with Joesph. I think it's a great name as long as you stick with Joseph and he doesn't become Joe.

SoyLeche

meh...
waldo said:
lol, i hate them all.
What the heck are you thinking? :biglaugh:Okay first of all, those are all lame and really common names
and second, people will call him mike--not michael, joe--not joseph, matt--not mathew, and possibly andy instead of andrew. The abbreviations are even worse and more common.
but, i guess andrew would be my favorite of those
also, why are most of them biblical names? if you're gonna go that road, name him Joshua, (but don't call him josh, Joshua is much cooler:D)
We're not planning on the whole shortening thing. I don't care for it either. It will be one of these names though...

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I'd pick Matthew Bryce first probably because I have a son named Evan Matthew. Second choice would be Andrew Bryce. But, I don't like the name Andy so if you name him Andrew....please just for me don't call him Andy! :) Best wishes for a healthy, happy delivery!!