• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help understanding the theory of evolution

Nimos

Some people may find evolution difficult to understand, were did we come from and all that. but fear no more, this video explains it perfectly, I think:

Skwim

Veteran Member
Some people may find evolution difficult to understand, were did we come from and all that. but fear no more, this video explains it perfectly, I think:

Couldn't have said it better myself. . . . . . . . . . . . . .well, I could have, but it wouldn't be half as funny as Mr.Garrison's spiel. Gotta love creationists.

Bob the Unbeliever

What is sad? This is just parody... but... unfortunately, I have experienced more or less the same thing coming from creationists ... and they were serious.

How crazy do your beliefs need to be, when it's darn near impossible to distinguish a parody from actual speechmaking?

Nimos

What is sad? This is just parody... but... unfortunately, I have experienced more or less the same thing coming from creationists ... and they were serious.

How crazy do your beliefs need to be, when it's darn near impossible to distinguish a parody from actual speechmaking?
If you haven't seen this you are going to love it, its almost as good as the south park one:

What I find to be most sad, I don't know how often its used as an argument now a days, but when people say that evolution is just another theory, and I partly think its "science" own fault, for using that word or to not really explain the different meanings. Because to many people evolution can't really be fact when its just a theory which do make sense.

So to avoid confusion they should have called it "the scientific theory of evolution", because I think there are a lot of people that don't really know the difference between when something is a theory and a scientific theory

Because well it can't be fact, when its just a theory and if something ain't a fact, its basically just a guess. But the difference is that when something is a "scientific theory" it explains why something is a fact. So not only do we know that something is a fact, but we know why it is that way. And some people ain't aware of this, which unfortunately seem to cause a lot of problems for evolution.

Last edited:

Bob the Unbeliever

If you haven't seen this you are going to love it, its almost as good as the south park one:

What I find to be most sad, I don't know how often its used as an argument now a days, but when people say that evolution is just another theory, and I partly think its "science" own fault, for using that word or to not really explain the different meanings. Because to many people evolution can't really be fact when its just a theory which do make sense.

So to avoid confusion they should have called it "the scientific theory of evolution", because I think there are a lot of people that don't really know the difference between when something is a theory and a scientific theory

Because well it can't be fact, when its just a theory and if something ain't a fact, its basically just a guess. But the difference is that when something is a "scientific theory" it explains why something is a fact. So not only do we know that something is a fact, but we know why it is that way. And some people ain't aware of this, which unfortunately seem to cause a lot of problems for evolution.

Yes, I've seen that one-- and I cannot watch it any more. It's just too far around the bend of sanity.

And that's sad.