• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello!

cfer

Hello everyone. I've been looking on this site for a little over a week now, and I just want to say I'm excited about all the possibilities for some great discussions.

A little about myself: I'm a 30-year old college student majoring in mathematics education with hopes of going to graduate school. My main hobby right now is cycling (go Lance Armstrong!) but, since I live in MN, have to ride indoors now on my trainer. I am also getting married in April to a wonderful young woman.

I came across this site because I have been having a tough time with my faith for the last few years and I was looking for some answers. My fiancee, bless her, is very solid in her faith and has been really helpful and patient with me as I go through this time of shaky belief. I was raised Lutheran and still consider myself a Christian, but have become really disillusioned with organized religions. I have come across a few really good items on my journey that have helped solidify my beliefs a little in the past month, but am always looking for more respectful and tolerant discussions. From what I've already read on this site, I think I'm in the right place.

Anyway (I didn't want to have such a long post. Sorry.), I look forward to being a member of this site and getting involved with the discussions.

Thanks for allowing me to be a member!

Chris

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Welcome cfer! I hope that this forum is useful to you as a resource for exploring your and others' religions.
May HaShem bless you and your future wife and your life together.

Hope to see you out there! :jiggy: GO JIGGY GO!!!

robtex

Veteran Member
Chris congradulations in advance in marry the woman whom is your setting sun. What a pleasant thing to read in a post. Congradulations. Get used to long posts...its kinda the norm around here from what I have seen. I live in Austin Lances home and lance fevor is really big down here. I can tell you that you will learn alot about belief theory from joining a forum because you learn from everybody elses research. I also want to tell you that in my personal experience I feel much more comfortable and trusting of people who are unsure as to the nature of divine and its relationship to the universe than with people have are absolute in their beliefs and have no degree of doubt as to the nature of a divine presence in the universe. You said you have been on here a week. I think a good place for someone to start if they are confused about their faith or unsure of where they are is with Maize's wonderful thread on the beliefomatic.

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5442

nice meeting you see you on the boards. :)