• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

hello

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
Welcome! Have some chocolate strawberry rugelach!

chocolate-strawberry-regelah-7-1024x1536.jpg

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I am not here to convert anyone to my faith.
All I want to do is spreading simple truths about what is avoided in the Christian world to spread to the world.
Good. Welcome to the Forum. A Hindu and a strong atheist.
What is the blinding necessity to spread what you consider as truth all over the world?
We are doing fine without it.

meshak2

Good. Welcome to the Forum. A Hindu and a strong atheist.
What is the blinding necessity to spread what you consider as truth all over the world?
We are doing fine without it.
I see that you have the most hateful symbol avatar.

I feel so sad for you.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
What is hateful in my avatara? Indians have never hated Jews. Jews have lived with us for more than 2,000 years and were free to follow their religion as well as participate in trade. It is a symbol which has been used all over the world for many millenniums, even by Jews and Christians. A Christisan maligned it. Christians have hated Jews in all their history. What is it that you blame me for? It is not the black Nazi swastika.

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
I see that you have the most hateful symbol avatar.

I feel so sad for you.

Hi, meshak2. I'm a Jew and I understand that @Aupmanyav's is not a Nazi swastika. The Nazis, in fact, stole this religious Eastern symbol to use for their own hateful purposes. I'm sure that @Aupmanyav can provide the history of this for you.

Peace/Shalom

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Hi, meshak2. I'm a Jew and I understand that @Aupmanyav's is not a Nazi swastika. The Nazis, in fact, stole this religious Eastern symbol to use for their own hateful purposes. I'm sure that @Aupmanyav can provide the history of this for you.

Peace/Shalom

Bah, who needs humans when we've got wiki :relaxed:

"... used as a symbol of divinity and spirituality in Indian religions, including Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism....

.... a symbol of good luck and prosperity in Hindu, Buddhist and Jain countries such as Nepal, India, Thailand, Mongolia, Sri Lanka, China and Japan, and by some peoples, such as the Navajo people of the Southwest United States. It is also commonly used in Hindu marriage ceremonies and Dipavali celebrations."

- Swastika - Wikipedia

And hi!

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I am not here to convert anyone to my faith.

All I want to do is spreading simple truths about what is avoided in the Christian world to spread to the world.

blessings.
You won't be judged on whether you are right or wrong, however moderators will take exception to a preaching effort. It doesn't suit a forum that's intended to host people of multiple religions and help them make friends. If we let mission work happen here the environment turns nasty very quickly, and the simplest way to handle that is to prohibit missionary work. Which the forum does. This is set in the rules which everyone can read and which is what makes the forum actually function, whereas it could not function if missionary work were permitted.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Bah, who needs humans when we've got wiki :relaxed:

"... used as a symbol of divinity and spirituality in Indian religions, including Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism....

.... a symbol of good luck and prosperity in Hindu, Buddhist and Jain countries such as Nepal, India, Thailand, Mongolia, Sri Lanka, China and Japan, and by some peoples, such as the Navajo people of the Southwest United States. It is also commonly used in Hindu marriage ceremonies and Dipavali celebrations."

- Swastika - Wikipedia

And hi!
Secret Chief explains it very well. Thanks. Thanks to @Rachel Rugelach as well. I have taken back my sacred symbol from the Nazis. :)

Last edited: