• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello...

Hypatia

I am a fairly new person. I will probably pop in and out but I will properly introduce myself...

My name is Christian L. Wade and I live in Kansas City, MO. I got married about a month ago in a beautiful humanist ceremony. The celebrant and I were probably the only atheists at the wedding (most of the rest of the people were Christians and my husband would probably be classified as a classic deist). Everyone loved the ceremony and thougt it was so meaningful. The weather was beautiful (good thing considering it was an outdoor wedding). We did a handfasting to celebrate our Celtic roots and we are wearing Clauddaghs (sp?) as wedding rings for the same reason. My best friend, who goes on trips with her church in Leawood, KS, was my maid of honor and my father-in-law was my husband's best man. I enjoy reading and am a Carl Sagan fan; I also enjoy writing and want to get into science journalism. I am 31 and am enjoying married life. Enough about me for now...:jiggy:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hi Hypatia, Namaste.

Welcome to the forum - as Sunstone commented, your wedding sounds like it was really meaningful, and a bit different.

You might like to have a look at :- Articles for New Members ; from there, there is a link to the forum rules, which you might also like to see.
Well, alll I can say is Enjoy!

I look forwards to your posts.:)

Ori

Angel slayer
Helo there, sounds like you had a nice wedding. We look forward to hearing more from you.