• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hell,a geographical destination,or a state of the mind

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
Hell,is it really a geographical place or destination where we will ultimately find ourselves if we do not receive Christ as Savior.
Or is it a state of the mind where we expereince eternal torment through such feelings as anguish ,remorse,regret,lonliness,abandonment,isolation and separation of God.
Either way it seems a terrible position to find one's self in.
We could have positive thoughts and really really believe there is no such place ,but will that change reality if it's existence is true
Maybe it's not even a concern from your perspective,but if there is a chance that man in his unbelief could be wrong ,where is this place called hell,in the mind or on the map
Jesus mentions hell many times,either he is truthful or he is a liar or a lunatic

Hell =gheh'-en-nah Hell is the place of the future punishment call "Gehenna" or "Gehenna of fire". This was originally the valley of Hinnom, south of Jerusalem, where the filth and dead animals of the city were cast out and burned; a fit symbol of the wicked and their future destruction.

Hell = hah'-dace name Hades or Pluto, the god of the lower regions Orcus, the nether world, the realm of the dead later use of this word: the grave, death, hell

Hell = tar-tar-o'-o
the name of the subterranean region, doleful and dark, regarded by the ancient Greeks as the abode of the wicked dead, where they suffer punishment for their evil deeds; it answers to Gehenna of the Jews
to thrust down to Tartarus, to hold captive in Tartarus

Hell = hebrew = Sh@'owl sheol, underworld, grave, hell, pit the underworld
Sheol - the OT designation for the abode of the dead place of no return
without praise of God wicked sent there for punishment righteous not abandoned to it
of the place of exile (fig) of extreme degradation in sin

Hell is destruction
Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Mat 18:9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast [it] from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

God sends angels to hell
2Pe 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast [them] down to hell, and delivered [them] into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

Hell a place that can be felt and experienced with human senses
Luke 16:19 "There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day. 20 But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate, 21 desiring to be fed with *the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 "Then he cried and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.' 25 But Abraham said, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. 26 And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.'
27 "Then he said, 'I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father's house, 28 for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.' 29 Abraham said to him, 'They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.' 30 And he said, 'No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.' 31 But he said to him, 'If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.'"