• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heaven Rewards!

Logikal

Hello all,

My question is if the men can be rewarded with 72 virgins upon entering heaven why is it the women get nothing? Or is it that the women will get 72 male virgins while the men get 72 women virgins?

I have never understood why the men on the best behavior get 72 virgins. If a woman is on her best behavior what does she get? I ask because it seems that only the men are rewarded. Can someone clarify or explain please?

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hello all,

My question is if the men can be rewarded with 72 virgins upon entering heaven why is it the women get nothing? Or is it that the women will get 72 male virgins while the men get 72 women virgins?

I have never understood why the men on the best behavior get 72 virgins. If a woman is on her best behavior what does she get? I ask because it seems that only the men are rewarded. Can someone clarify or explain please?

Where does it say that male will get 72 virgins and women get nothing?

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Hello there Logikal.

I think there is a misunderstanding here. Promising men things in the Quran, if it is really mentioned which means it has to be checked first, does not necessarily mean that women don't get the same should they desire it. There are other factors in what one gets, by the way, but that's basically it.

Islam specifically addresses men sometimes because men in Islam are believed to be the dominating gender and their actions have the biggest impact in this life so bringing such rewards to their attention attempts to encourage them to do good and avoid doing evil. Men have always been the dominating gender at least thru the ~1400 years of Islam.

That of course goes with the context of what brother Tashan said above.

Last edited:

mojtaba

Hello all,

Hello.

According to the collection of verses in the Holy Quran and the hadiths (traditions) it is understood that believing women who are in heaven do not desire such thing, but if they do then this would definitely be given to them (Allah (swt) has said: “And whoever does good, whether male or female, and he is a believer, shall enter paradise, in which they shall be given sustenance without measure.” Holy Qur'an 40:40).

For more details see: http://www.islamquest.net/en/archive/question/fa748

Hello all,

Well, first of all i am not sure why you compare men and women in same way, they are different in nature, one thing might good for men but the same not for women or similarly one thing might good for women but not for men.

If you compare same you might say if women give birth to child due to equality why men wont? Its un-natural.

Similarly, marrying more then one is natural for men but its bad/wrong for women so donot compare like that.

If men gets its reward in Jannah then marry is not only reward , there are many many other reward too, which you can think on . Women get married with either her husbadn or some other what ever ALLAH wants , and get all other benefits of Jannah too.

Pastek

Sunni muslim
Hello all,

Hi

The "72 virgins reward" is from a hadith - which i don't know the source and authenticity personnally- this is not in the Quran.

And yes women are also rewarded of course.