• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you gotten a warning?

Rex

Founder
Then post here and tell us why we should remove your warning. And it will be removed!

:jam: :jam:

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Rex -

Well, truth to tell, I've had two warnings. Both were deserved. I have no problem with getting a warning - if I deserve it. Both were for personalizing my replies to posts that I felt attacked fellow members without provocation. For me, it seems as though it is usually when one member uses their religious beliefs as a foundation for condemning others (and making it personal). It may be a weakness on my part, but I can't stand these types of posts, and I always respond in kind.
If I ever get a warning that I do not feel is fair, I'll contact the moderator that issued the warning first. If I don't get satisfaction, then I'll seek relief from you.

Thanks,
TVOR

Rex

Founder
No.. This thread is for those that have gotten warnings and now realize why and want to just fess up.

hehe

Nobody wants to hold a grudge forever.

Faust

Yes,
When I first joined this sight I was mistakenly debating in a discussion forum.
However, this was a matter of my own ignorance and it got me to notice the theme of the different sections in this sight. I'll take my medicine, it was deserved and I believe has provided the "cure" for the malody of inattention that I frequently suffer from.
Thanks,
Faust

Faust

Is there somewhere I should be aware of to see if I have any warnings?
I do not seek to be "let off the hook" for anything I've done wrong but I do feel that I should be aware of any corrective actions that I should take so as to avoid further problems.
I'm not even aware of what a warning entails. I'm old and this is my first real experience with computers. I'm used to face to face discussion and am having to adjust to a whole new set of rules that everyone else seems to be aware of.I don't even have a clue about frubals, arcade, ect...

Lightkeeper

SoulTYPE01 said:
I would like to know what I have done to have a substantial amout of posts deleted...

o_O
I don't know that anyone has been deleting your posts, but the reasons for a deletion, would be obsenities, bashing a person or a religion, name calling, etc.

Lightkeeper

The Voice of Reason said:
Rex -

Well, truth to tell, I've had two warnings. Both were deserved. I have no problem with getting a warning - if I deserve it. Both were for personalizing my replies to posts that I felt attacked fellow members without provocation. For me, it seems as though it is usually when one member uses their religious beliefs as a foundation for condemning others (and making it personal). It may be a weakness on my part, but I can't stand these types of posts, and I always respond in kind.
If I ever get a warning that I do not feel is fair, I'll contact the moderator that issued the warning first. If I don't get satisfaction, then I'll seek relief from you.

Thanks,
TVOR
Every time I look at the face on TVOR's avatar I have a hard time giving a warning. Who could punish that precious face?

meogi

Faust said:
Is there somewhere I should be aware of to see if I have any warnings?
On the top right of the forum, under the 'quick links' menu, is where you can veiw your warnings.
Faust said:
I don't even have a clue about frubals, arcade, ect...
You can learn about frubals here. As to the other stuff, they are just for fun... nothing really for the debating aspect. :)