• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you ever seen a spirit?

jonny

I was talking with my Aunt the other day and she was telling me about some instances where she has seen Spirits of those who had passed away. My mother and grandmother have also told me about similar experiences they have had. Usually, the spirits have come to comfort them (such as a visit from a relative) or to ask for guidance (i found this experience very interesting).

I have never seen a spirit myself. I was wondering if anyone here has actually seen a spirit and what people think about these experiences? You don't have to share the circumstances surrounding the experience if you don't want to (I'm sure these are very personal and sacred experiences and probably shouldn't be posted on internet forums).

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I have seen a few spirits. The first time, after I realized it wasn't a living person, I got a bit spooked. From then on, whenever I see a spirit, I don't treat as anything special.

Heidi

jonny said:
I was talking with my Aunt the other day and she was telling me about some instances where she has seen Spirits of those who had passed away. My mother and grandmother have also told me about similar experiences they have had. Usually, the spirits have come to comfort them (such as a visit from a relative) or to ask for guidance (i found this experience very interesting).

I have never seen a spirit myself. I was wondering if anyone here has actually seen a spirit and what people think about these experiences? You don't have to share the circumstances surrounding the experience if you don't want to (I'm sure these are very personal and sacred experiences and probably shouldn't be posted on internet forums).

I've never actually seen one, but myself and two of my good friends had an experience in an old building once. We were standing, talking about our kids and all of us felt a very spine tingling chill almost at the same time. It travelled from one to the other to the other. We were all pretty spooked by it. We still talk about it sometimes. There were no windows or doors open and no one else standing near us even felt it. We still think it must have been some form of spirit or energy that travelled through us.

Ori

Angel slayer
I did see something a long time ago when I was still a christian, it was a figure robed in bright blue, I could not see it's face and it said something like "Yes I am holy",

Maybe it was just a dodgy cheese sandwich that night ?

Natas

Back in college, although I never inhaled, I remember seeing a few "Spirits". After a few beer games a couple of times, I saw "Spirits" a lot, that entire night. They all seemed to just dissolve into the mist the next morning though. Once, a female friend drew a picture of Jesus's face on my apartment wall, and after being up all night, I saw his lips moving as if he were trying to tell me something. I don't know if that qualifies as seeing a spirit though.

Dinogrrl

peeb!
I've definitely seen wierd things before. But most of the time, when I see 'spirits' or what-have-you, it's within, not in the physical world. If that makes any sense.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
EDIT: I'm sorry, guys, I didn't realize this was in the Abrahamic beliefs section. I really need to start looking before I post.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Jensa said:
EDIT: I'm sorry, guys, I didn't realize this was in the Abrahamic beliefs section. I really need to start looking before I post.
Jensa,

You shouldn't have erased your post. I don't see why, if spirits can appear to people, they would only appear to people of certain religions. Now get back here, young lady, and tell us what you had to say!

Kathryn

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
:eek: What I typed up was that I've felt things poke me, seen weird things, and had things annoy me, but I don't know if I'd call them spirits.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I was told by my mum that I saw a spirit (or soul or ghost ) when I was about 5 years old.

I have no memory of the event, but I am told I stood at the top of the long staircase that led into the lounge, looked at an empty armchair, delightedly said 'Daddy', and hurried down towards the chair. When I got to the bottom of the stairs, I apparently started running towards the chair, and then suddenly stopped.

Mum asked me "Where is Daddy?" - to which I replied "Daddy gone away"

My mother was one of the most grounded and sensible people I have ever known (O.K so I am biassed - she was my Mum:D ) The point I am trying to make is that she was certain that I had seen a man sitting in the chair. Nothing since.