• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you ever met a genuine Prophet?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I'm gonna be held accountable more on judgement day than the average person for being such a punk after receiving so much grace, but King David received far more grace and was spoiled rotten in comparison , then had his right-hand man killed so he could cover up his adultery with his wife. So, could be worse. (If Scripture is at all accurate).

But yes, I have met what appeared to be people with prophetic abilities.

One of them was a very unusual person with that gift, as he was telling me God was a jerk and blaspheming before I even got his name, and he was living in an old abandoned wood mill (homeless).

He was about the closest thing I can think of to a modern John the Baptist.

I don't think it's appropriate sharing the details of what he said to me , but I was praying and thought I should go give him money the next day.

When I came to the trail , he had just arrived , and he began to preach, not like other people, but like he was being moved by another entity.

He told me very specifically what was going to happen "very soon" and he didn't say it all vague like a horrorscope reading.

It all happened precisely as he said
that I gave him more money than I planned.

I said, "how do you know"? He said "few things I know. But I know when the Spirit of God is speaking".

What happened in the next three weeks was exactly like he said and he had no knowledge of my views, interests, or people in my life.

It just wasn't possible that he should have said or made such predictions knowing nothing about me , (and even those who knew the most about me shouldn't have been able to make such predictions as it was far fetched). But it turned out as he said.

Sorry, I just don't think I should give the details as it would be annoying, inappropriate, or difficult to understand involving someone very vital coming into my life and what the consequences would be.

This guy knew me briefly for a total of two brief visits.

Another Lady began sharing visions of me wearing a Franciscan robe before she met me. It was my favorite Saint and confirmation name (Francis).

A guy showed up who cared for Franciscan Father Friar Bennedict , founder of "the Friars of the renewel".

He pointed me in the direction of the "Franciscans of the Immaculata".

A "Prophet" visited Saint Matthews Parish, speaking in tongues and claiming his gift was helping people discern their call to Religious life or priesthood.

When he laid his hand on my head he said, "I keep hearing : Connecticut". "One in fifty chances I'm right" he said with a grin.

Connecticut meant nothing to me and he didn't Know I was discerning with Franciscans. I returned home and grabbed a paper that said "we begin construction on our Novitiate house in Griswold Connecticut".

I went to their Friary in New Bedford, then New York Postulancy, and eventually even made it to Connecticut , but they discerned I was too crazy, so that was a rather worthless prophecy, but impressive and mysterious nonetheless.

The Lady I mentioned earlier used to have visions that were right on though. I was practicing magic and she prayed for me and had a vision of a rabbit coming out of a hat.

She said "Matt, have you been practicing magic"?

Regarding something else, she also said "your older brother I think did it". She was right and had no way of knowing.

She had a vision of my Mother "sad, alone, " with a "shriveled face". I asked my Mom and she said "that sounds about right. These people I deal with at work. Their lives are hell and torture lately".

She said my youngest brother looked very troubled (in a vision). He was very skeptical of this lady and suddenly excitedly said "OMG! I'm convinced she really has that gift. I've been very troubled this week".

On an Ash Wednesday I was at College miserable and wanting to die. I started to pray the Rosary on the bus and was hit with a joy and euphoria greater than anything I had ever experienced while sober (over something as silly as reciting Hail Marys. And I was suicidal shortly prior to the euphoria).

I don't think she saw me gleaming with ecstasy, and I didn't share, but who knows. She turned around and said " Matt, you were hit with a waterfall of grace today".

With all those Graces I shouldn't be such a punk to God I know. But I usually see a load of misery and confusion everywhere , and I see God's hand in that as well as the injustice, divisions, violence, evil religious regimes, disease, poverty, women having to marry these sickos and dress like Darth Vader in Afghanistan, denied education, condemned to a life of ignorance, brainwashing, and torture.

I see how much that is supported in the Bible, a God who acts like he isnt there most of the time, and I find nothing more noble than to contend with God , and be very skeptical and cynical, with little basis for trust, hope, or confidence. Certainly most of the Bible is NOT praiseworthy!

But blessed be God, I have received more signs and graces than probably most people , so have less excuse for being a punk. But if I've received more than most, that actually is quite pathetic that there is such a famine of grace and blessings in the world. :rolleyes:

I'm convinced I met some Prophets though who were the real deal. You?

(I'm more convinced in Shamanism. These people had prophetic abilities from a Spirit (s). That doesn't mean it was Yahweh or that there is only one jealous , helpless (like he needs our violence to destroy Idolaters) , wrathful , bigoted God like Scripture and the Koran declares.

The prevalent belief about people dying every day in danger of eternal torture for eternity drove me away from the torment of "Abrahamic Monotheist Dogma".

So, I see the signs and Prophetic people in my life more as Shaministic activity from Spirits rather than "Yahweh".

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I once met a reiki healer that could give people a run for the money.

Edit: No pun intended.

Edit 2: I guess it is kind of funny how I worded it. Take it however you want to.

danieldemol

Premium Member
I'm gonna be held accountable more on judgement day than the average person for being such a punk after receiving so much grace, but King David received far more grace and was spoiled rotten in comparison , then had his right-hand man killed so he could cover up his adultery with his wife. So, could be worse. (If Scripture is at all accurate).

But yes, I have met what appeared to be people with prophetic abilities.

One of them was a very unusual person with that gift, as he was telling me God was a jerk and blaspheming before I even got his name, and he was living in an old abandoned wood mill (homeless).

He was about the closest thing I can think of to a modern John the Baptist.

I don't think it's appropriate sharing the details of what he said to me , but I was praying and thought I should go give him money the next day.

When I came to the trail , he had just arrived , and he began to preach, not like other people, but like he was being moved by another entity.

He told me very specifically what was going to happen "very soon" and he didn't say it all vague like a horrorscope reading.

It all happened precisely as he said
that I gave him more money than I planned.

I said, "how do you know"? He said "few things I know. But I know when the Spirit of God is speaking".

What happened in the next three weeks was exactly like he said and he had no knowledge of my views, interests, or people in my life.

It just wasn't possible that he should have said or made such predictions knowing nothing about me , (and even those who knew the most about me shouldn't have been able to make such predictions as it was far fetched). But it turned out as he said.

Sorry, I just don't think I should give the details as it would be annoying, inappropriate, or difficult to understand involving someone very vital coming into my life and what the consequences would be.

This guy knew me briefly for a total of two brief visits.

Another Lady began sharing visions of me wearing a Franciscan robe before she met me. It was my favorite Saint and confirmation name (Francis).

A guy showed up who cared for Franciscan Father Friar Bennedict , founder of "the Friars of the renewel".

He pointed me in the direction of the "Franciscans of the Immaculata".

A "Prophet" visited Saint Matthews Parish, speaking in tongues and claiming his gift was helping people discern their call to Religious life or priesthood.

When he laid his hand on my head he said, "I keep hearing : Connecticut". "One in fifty chances I'm right" he said with a grin.

Connecticut meant nothing to me and he didn't Know I was discerning with Franciscans. I returned home and grabbed a paper that said "we begin construction on our Novitiate house in Griswold Connecticut".

I went to their Friary in New Bedford, then New York Postulancy, and eventually even made it to Connecticut , but they discerned I was too crazy, so that was a rather worthless prophecy, but impressive and mysterious nonetheless.

The Lady I mentioned earlier used to have visions that were right on though. I was practicing magic and she prayed for me and had a vision of a rabbit coming out of a hat.

She said "Matt, have you been practicing magic"?

Regarding something else, she also said "your older brother I think did it". She was right and had no way of knowing.

She had a vision of my Mother "sad, alone, " with a "shriveled face". I asked my Mom and she said "that sounds about right. These people I deal with at work. Their lives are hell and torture lately".

She said my youngest brother looked very troubled (in a vision). He was very skeptical of this lady and suddenly excitedly said "OMG! I'm convinced she really has that gift. I've been very troubled this week".

On an Ash Wednesday I was at College miserable and wanting to die. I started to pray the Rosary on the bus and was hit with a joy and euphoria greater than anything I had ever experienced while sober (over something as silly as reciting Hail Marys. And I was suicidal shortly prior to the euphoria).

I don't think she saw me gleaming with ecstasy, and I didn't share, but who knows. She turned around and said " Matt, you were hit with a waterfall of grace today".

With all those Graces I shouldn't be such a punk to God I know. But I usually see a load of misery and confusion everywhere , and I see God's hand in that as well as the injustice, divisions, violence, evil religious regimes, disease, poverty, women having to marry these sickos and dress like Darth Vader in Afghanistan, denied education, condemned to a life of ignorance, brainwashing, and torture.

I see how much that is supported in the Bible, a God who acts like he isnt there most of the time, and I find nothing more noble than to contend with God , and be very skeptical and cynical, with little basis for trust, hope, or confidence. Certainly most of the Bible is NOT praiseworthy!

But blessed be God, I have received more signs and graces than probably most people , so have less excuse for being a punk. But if I've received more than most, that actually is quite pathetic that there is such a famine of grace and blessings in the world. :rolleyes:

I'm convinced I met some Prophets though who were the real deal. You?

(I'm more convinced in Shamanism. These people had prophetic abilities from a Spirit (s). That doesn't mean it was Yahweh or that there is only one jealous , helpless (like he needs our violence to destroy Idolaters) , wrathful , bigoted God like Scripture and the Koran declares.

The prevalent belief about people dying every day in danger of eternal torture for eternity drove me away from the torment of "Abrahamic Monotheist Dogma".

So, I see the signs and Prophetic people in my life more as Shaministic activity from Spirits rather than "Yahweh".
Give me a test to determine whether a prophet is "genuine" and I'll tell you if I've bumped into the genuine article at RF :)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Give me a test to determine whether a prophet is "genuine" and I'll tell you if I've bumped into the genuine article at RF :)
Someone who demonstrated evidence that they had knowledge from an unseen sentient being influencing them that they shouldn't have. :)

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I know two folks who are supposedly prophetesses. Whether they actually are is to be determined

danieldemol

Premium Member
Someone who demonstrated evidence that they had knowledge from an unseen sentient being influencing them that they shouldn't have. :)
Well that counts any I've ever met online out, and I haven't met any off-line.

In my opinion.