• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you ever mailed 20 letters to an ex girlfriend's wrong address?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Have you ever mailed a bunch of letters to your ex girlfriend's wrong address and then you find out she's a married woman living at a new place? I didn't even have the correct City right.o_O

It reminds me of when Forest Gump was writing Jenny, only my letters never got returned to sender. :rolleyes:

But yeah, I don't think it was 20 letters but more than ten to her old address. Seriously, if she would have just returned to sender I would have gotten a clue, or asked me, "please don't write anymore". I would have respected that.

Most of my letters I made it very clear that I wasn't trying to get with her, and that would be bad for the both of us obviously, and I'm too irresponsible, but I felt the need to both make amends and apologize and tell her things to boost her self-esteem and relieve any fears she might have.

But I kept feeling I didn't mention something in the previous letters, and needed to write another one. Plus, I figured she was holding onto them , and for all I knew she was getting a little something out of some of what I said.

Turns out, she wasn't getting anything out of what I said, because she doesn't live there anymore, and we really weren't boyfriend/girlfriend, just played games, cards, watched movies, went on windy walks, and a little bit of kissing, just not on the lips, and no adult relations. But I did ask her to marry me. Her response was a smile and shaking her head "No". But that means yes, right? :rolleyes:

Well, I seriously just want her to be happy, so I don't think I should write to her actual correct address now, as that could have the opposite effect. lol.

I'm happy for her and bless her marriage.

What I'm wondering though is, who was actually getting my letters to her and were they just throwing them in the trash or were they opening them and reading them? What really would have sucked is if the person receiving them was writing me back claiming to be her, to mess with my head.:p

I try to build other people up by making them know you could be this guy/clown. :D Lol!

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
We get a lot of mail for other people. We never open it, as its a federal offense to do so.

In past situations, we've held onto it for awhile, as sometimes old residents would turn up and ask if they got any mail. If no one came for it after so long, we tossed it. In our current house, we've lived here enough years to know that the past owner will never come for her mail, so we just throw it right into the recycling bin. We've also talked to the mail carrier, and asked her not to deliver mail with that person's name on it to our house.

In my younger years, I had my high school boyfriend e mail me once a year asking to apologize in person for the ending of our relationship. This happened for 8 years, with the first 7 of me telling him where to go and sending him a map on how to get there. On the 8th year, I happened to read his e mail what I was quite drunk and in a very good mood. I said "hey, I'm not wanting to see you, but go ahead and call me. I'll hear your apology over the phone." And he did. We talked for a long time. Decided we'd meet for ice cream sometime. In the old days, we'd always hung out as a group; my best friend(at the time) was dating his best friend. I could no longer reach her, but I asked if he'd contact his friend, as I wanted to see him, too. He did. We all had a good trip to the DQ together. We talked some here and there(but never in a romantic way), I got married(out of nowhere), and he wished me well and disappeared.

I saw his friend once at a store. I asked if he still talked to him. He said no, they hadn't really been friends for years, and the occasion in which we all went out for ice cream was the first time he'd talked to him in 5 years(and they didn't talk anymore after). Apparently, my ex had hunted him down just because I had wanted to see him... Kind of shocked me he went through all that awkwardness and trouble. I really appreciated that gesture.

He's forgiven in my book. I hope he has a good life.

I'll never, however, forgive his mother. That woman was a... well, I can't say that on RF. But if I ever see her again, I'm going to tell her exactly what I wanted to during the years in which she'd torture me and I was too shy to defend myself. But, that's another topic for another day..