• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you changed your mind?

Have you changed your mind?

• I once accepted evolution, but now reject it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
the choices are somewhat bad.
the last two do not say anything about the position that one has.
That was done intentionally. You can select more than one option in this poll, for example you can indicate your position by checking "I have always accepted evolution, and still do", and then check one of the last two choices to let us know if you have become more or less certain of that position. Many people have done this.

How would you have set up a poll like this? Trying to make a option for all possibilities becomes exponentially complex.

(edit) and besides the poll really isn't the main point. What I really wanted it to hear people talk about if their minds have changed and how did it happen.

Last edited:

ThereIsNoSpoon

fantôme profane;1658631 said:
That was done intentionally. You can select more than one option in this poll, for example you can indicate your position by checking "I have always accepted evolution, and still do", and then check one of the last two choices to let us know if you have become more or less certain of that position. Many people have done this.
Silly me didn't see it :(

(edit) and besides the poll really isn't the main point. What I really wanted it to hear people talk about if their minds have changed and how did it happen.
what conclusions do you draw from the answers you got ?

Amill

Apikoros
I can't recall ever believing that the earth was young, or that we lived with dinosaurs. My parents gave me scientific explanations(as simple as they could) when I asked questions about earth. I don't remember when evolution was brought up, but I feel like it's always made sense to me.

Yerda

Veteran Member
I didn't accept evolution until I was in high school. In fairness, my dad had mentioned it at home and explained it weakly, and well it seems preposterous to me sometimes even now. Like relativity. Ridiculous, but true. Incredible.

LittleNipper

There was never a time I accepted evolution. I always believed that a CREATOR created specific kinds and that each of these kinds have some unique characteristics and some shared characteristic with other kinds.

I later came to understand that sin is a corruptive force and that this force has a degenerative affect on every living thing and nature itself. I can understand that such a force can bring about mutations and abrasion between kinds but not additional kinds in a true evolutionary way.

Types of houseflies, horses, dogs, cats, apes, humans, etc., are each expressed in a seemingly limitless array, but in fact each is bound to design parameters ---- such as they maybe.

Last edited:

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
There was never a time I accepted evolution. I always believed that a CREATOR created specific kinds and that each of these kinds have some unique characteristics and some shared characteristic with other kinds.

I later came to understand that sin is a corruptive force and that this force has a degenerative affect on every living thing and nature itself. I can understand that such a force can bring about mutations and abrasion between kinds but not additional kinds in a true evolutionary way.

Types of houseflies, horses, dogs, cats, apes, humans, etc., are each expressed in a seemingly limitless array, but in fact each is bound to design parameters ---- such as they maybe.

So what is the definition of a "kind"?