• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have some professionals really been expelled?

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
Ben Stein's documentary sensationally exposes not only the real secret surrounding the personal reservations professionals in the scientific community have towards Darwinism,but exposes more accurately the intolerance and prejudice of those who condemn them.What do they have to lose if their peers question ,I wonder.
The house of cards syndrome!!!!!

Why are these scientific professionals who question Darwinism being shuned by their peers?
Why is simply questioning it and supposing creation cause so many to get up in arms ?

Truth being exposed could create such a panic and an attack against these professionals. Who is threatened here????

I mean if evolution and Darwinism are such strong cases,why do these evolutionists even display such opposition to invoke another to get fired or ex-communicated.

:shrug::shrug:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I mean if evolution and Darwinism are such strong cases,why do these evolutionists even display such opposition to invoke another to get fired or ex-communicated.
The academies and labs of science should be staffed by those who do science.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Why are these scientific professionals who question Darwinism being shuned by their peers?
Why is simply questioning it and supposing creation cause so many to get up in arms ?

I think we should allow MDs to tell their patients that having severe chest pains and pain in the left arm is not dangerous and they should not bother going to the ER as it usually turns out to be nothing.

And MDs who do such things obviously should not have their licenses revoked.

camanintx

Ben Stein's documentary sensationally exposes not only the real secret surrounding the personal reservations professionals in the scientific community have towards Darwinism,but exposes more accurately the intolerance and prejudice of those who condemn them.What do they have to lose if their peers question ,I wonder.

Truth being exposed could create such a panic and an attack against these professionals. Who is threatened here????

The answer to the question in your title is no, but after reading the post again, I doubt you were ever really asking. None of the people interviewed in the movie were fired or shunned for their beliefs but rather because they didn't do the job they were hired to do.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
I think we should allow MDs to tell their patients that having severe chest pains and pain in the left arm is not dangerous and they should not bother going to the ER as it usually turns out to be nothing.

And MDs who do such things obviously should not have their licenses revoked.

A fairly poor comparison, but if that helps you out, so be it !!

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
The answer to the question in your title is no, but after reading the post again, I doubt you were ever really asking. None of the people interviewed in the movie were fired or shunned for their beliefs but rather because they didn't do the job they were hired to do.
Oh really, well ,case closed then.
You really think this would have gotten off the ground if that was the case.
From the interviews I saw I can't say I agree that these men failed their roles as professionals, I mean if that is the case what a fool to even attempt a movie such as this.
However, I do see how such conclusions can come about, especially when those who are feeling the heat take their gloves off, they will most certainly use what they can to obviously defend their positions.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

Are you seriously suggesting Ben Stein's "documentary" is a reliable source of information?

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
Are you seriously suggesting Ben Stein's "documentary" is a reliable source of information?

It goes both ways Sunstone, do you have some inside proof it is'nt.
It's certainly worthy of consideration, but again, I don't expect you to agree.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It goes both ways Sunstone, do you have some inside proof it is'nt.

If you genuinely believe "it goes both ways", then why don't you bother to provide independent evidence the "documentary" can be believed?

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
If you genuinely believe "it goes both ways", then why don't you bother to provide independent evidence the "documentary" can be believed?

Well, I don't personally know those interviewed nor the facts behind the positions held. But I guess neither do you, so this conversation is futile, unless you can provide compelling evidence that supports your view.
It was most interesting to see the certainity you take to express your view so quickly,as if you have some inside evidence that would rule it out all together.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Well, I don't personally know those interviewed nor the facts behind the positions held. But I guess neither do you, so this conversation is futile, unless you can provide compelling evidence that supports your view.
It was most interesting to see the certainity you take to express your view so quickly,as if you have some inside evidence that would rule it out all together.

Apparently, you have not been reading the reports about the film, Roli. Just google it and read some of the stuff that's being said by creditable sources about the film's distortions and lies.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
I fully suspect that you are incapable of being shown.

You have the right to speak only for yourself, and you are interested in no such thing.
I hope remarks like that make you feel grandiose Jay, because they have most certainly fell on deaf ears on my end,remarks like that appear to only set you high among your peers.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
Apparently, you have not been reading the reports about the film, Roli. Just google it and read some of the stuff that's being said by creditable sources about the film's distortions and lies.
I have read them and several other reports related to positions that oppose world views, it's nothing new under the sun Sunstone,..sorry, no pun intended.
Why should it be any different with this,everything that goes against popular opinion is radically and vehemently refuted, that is the only alternative of the opposition, is'nt it.

Jesus says in Jhn 15:19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I haven't seen the movie, so I'll just remain skeptical of this claim.

Because they're incompetent idiots?
Because they don't know the difference between religion and science.

All of us. In particular, science. It is imperative that all of us defend science itself against attack by the forces of anti-science, particularly creationism.

Think hard. Think harder. "If atomic theory is true, then why would a chemist who advocates Medieval alchemy have to worry about losing his job? After all, maybe it's the truth that's threatening them. If astronomers know what they're talking about, why would they fire someone just for advocating astrology? If geographers weren't so threatened, why would they persecute someone advocating the flat earth theory?
Maybe because you'd have to be completely incompetent or blinded by religious fundamentalism to advocate such positions? Kinda like creationism.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Oh really, well ,case closed then.
You really think this would have gotten off the ground if that was the case.
From the interviews I saw I can't say I agree that these men failed their roles as professionals, I mean if that is the case what a fool to even attempt a movie such as this.
Bingo! Give that man a cigar!

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Alright, still haven't seen the movie and do not plan to, so resorted to Google.
In the new science-bashing movie Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed, Ben Stein and the rest of the filmmakers sincerely and seriously argue that Charles Darwin's theory of evolution paved the way for the Holocaust. By "seriously," I mean that Ben Stein acts grief-stricken and the director juxtaposes quotes from evolutionary biologists with archival newsreel clips from Hitler's Reich. Prepare for an intellectual night at the cinema.
(Scientific American)

That makes about as much intellectual sense as blaming atomic theory for Hiroshima. If that's the level of intellectual integrity, I can safely assume that the movie is a tissue of lies and distortion.

Is that really in the movie, roli? If so you should be ashamed to pimp it here. Doesn't honesty mean anything to you--or Ben Stein?