• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has the Sharia law been misunderstood by the Extreme islamists?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Right now i am studying deeper in to what sharia law actually is saying ( adding a pdf for further discussion).

So far it honestly look much more like Sharia law should be between each muslim and Allah and not a "tool" for muslims to punish other muslims or not muslims.
So fant understanding is that this laws should be used for muslims to become better as followers of Allah instead of as many exteme muslims use it, to make wrong jihad toward those who do not see islam as their religious path.

Just to make it very clear :) my personally view of non muslims is that you are og course free to believe and follow any teaching or no teaching at all if that is how you like it.

So to all females in RF who see this, my view of you is that you are fully free to do as you like, to wear what you like and say what you like. Just because my belief happens to be a part of islam through Sufism does not give me a reason to judge you or think i "own" you.

My understanding of sharia law about females is that a man CAN be to help, but not to tell you what you can or can not do. You are not a slave of men.

Link is a pdf of sharia law in English
Remember this is discussion not debate

Attachments

• Islaamic_Sharia_Law_sunni.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 0

Audie

Veteran Member
Right now i am studying deeper in to what sharia law actually is saying ( adding a pdf for further discussion).

So far it honestly look much more like Sharia law should be between each muslim and Allah and not a "tool" for muslims to punish other muslims or not muslims.
So fant understanding is that this laws should be used for muslims to become better as followers of Allah instead of as many exteme muslims use it, to make wrong jihad toward those who do not see islam as their religious path.

Just to make it very clear :) my personally view of non muslims is that you are og course free to believe and follow any teaching or no teaching at all if that is how you like it.

So to all females in RF who see this, my view of you is that you are fully free to do as you like, to wear what you like and say what you like. Just because my belief happens to be a part of islam through Sufism does not give me a reason to judge you or think i "own" you.

My understanding of sharia law about females is that a man CAN be to help, but not to tell you what you can or can not do. You are not a slave of men.

Link is a pdf of sharia law in English
Remember this is discussion not debate
Trust for Islam is going to be super hard to achieve.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Trust for Islam is going to be super hard to achieve.
Some Muslims has a lot of work in front of them to regain trust from the rest of the world yes.
The "few" have damaged islam a lot unfortunatly.

I am not asking others to become muslims.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Possibly the whole spreading of faith via sword was a part of that.
At that time, in the middle ages muslims was often attacked or in war because of Christian crusaders or worriors, so much was in defence but again i agree with you. It is never good to "spread religion" with sword

Audie

Veteran Member
At that time, in the middle ages muslims was often attacked or in war because of Christian crusaders or worriors, so much was in defence but again i agree with you. It is never good to "spread religion" with sword

"You hit me first"..."No, you did."

I'm fine with both religions going away.

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
While it is true that the brutality with which groups like ISIS have enforced their extreme notions of sharia has little justification in the light of classical Islamic civilization, I think the notion that sharia was intended to be concerned only with the personal conduct of Muslims as individuals doesn't really hold up either. Muslims have always conceived of Islam not just as a personal religion but as a civilization with enforceable laws. Islam has always been a political prescription as much as it has been a personal religion.

The problem today is the question of how much should Islam (as a political reality) concede to modernity. To what extent should Muslim majority societies come to terms with ideas such as religious freedom, equality of all before the law, women's rights and so on? One answer is to concede everything and accept Islam as just a personal creed to be accepted or rejected as according to individual conscience. Another answer is to concede nothing and attempt to brutally enforce one particular reading of Islam upon everyone at gunpoint.

I personally would like to see the Islamic world become more secular and liberal. Not in the sense that convinced Muslims should dilute their personal convictions. But in the sense that the Muslim world accepts that state enforced religiosity is neither tenable nor desirable in modern times. It is simply unjust and perpetuates the view of Islam as stuck in the middle ages.

Last edited: