• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harry Potter Fans - Luna Lovegood Casted

Bishka

Veteran Member
Luna Lovegood role has been cast

o.gif

Evanna Lynch is playing Luna Lovegood
inline_dashed_line.gif

Fewer than three weeks after a huge open casting session for the part of Luna Lovegood, 14-year-old Evanna Lynch has been chosen for the role.

Luna Lovegood, known also as Loony, is a decidedly odd student who befriends Harry in the fifth Potter adventure.

Evanna, who's from near Drogheda in Ireland, was chosen from more than 15,000 other girls at an open casting.

She'll start filming her scenes at Leavesden Studios just outside London later this month.

More casting news

Evanna told Newsround that it was a "dream come true" for her to get this role.

o.gif
All about Evanna

She's a HUGE Potter fan
She's got two cats called Luna and Crookshanks!!
She persuaded her parents to take her out of hospital for a day so she could queue up for a copy of Order of the Phoenix!
She has a signed copy of the fifth Potter book
Her dad flew over to London with her for the Luna casting

She added: "I've been a Harry Potter fan for years and years."

Everyone at Evanna's school was excited for her. Tara Gufferty, head girl said: "Obviously the school is on an absolute high since this morning when we all found out.

"It's a fantastic acheivement for Evanna. It's every girl's dream to be working with stars like Daniel Radcliffe."

Other casting announced by Warner Bros. includes Natalia Tena, who's been in BBC drama Casualty, as Tonks.

Bellatrix Lestrange

Imelda Staunton will play new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher Professor Umbridge.

Staunton recently appeared in the children's film Nanny McPhee.

The part of Bellatrix Lestrange, an evil follower of Lord Voldemort, has gone to Helen McCrory.

She's appeared in the movie of the Count of Monte Cristo.

And actress Kathryn Hunter will be playing Mrs Figg.

Earlier this week, CBBC Newsround revealed that George Harris will play Dark Wizard Catcher Kingsley Shacklebolt. Filming is about to start on Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. It will be in cinemas in 2007.

Bishka

Veteran Member
I looked at the other people, and they are different then I imagined, but I'm sure makeup, costumes, and other things will make them look the part!

Mike182

Flaming Queer
i have been dissapointed with a lot of the people they have cast in the movies, and sadly, i am once again dissapointed

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Mike182 said:
i have been dissapointed with a lot of the people they have cast in the movies, and sadly, i am once again dissapointed
What's the matter mike? Hasn't she got enough spunk :)

Enlighten someone who knows nothing about the Potter saga... who is Ms lovegood? Romantic interest for Harry?