• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Saint Patrick's Day

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
1710659661459.jpeg

So in Colorado I remember we drank green beer, painted ourselves green and ran naked through the streets. Streaking was a big thing then.

What do you do to celebrate St. Patty's day?

RestlessSoul

Q: What did St Patrick say to the snakes when he was driving them out of Ireland?

A: Are yous alright in the back there, lads?

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
Nowadays, I don't do anything but maybe today I'll add some spinach to my morning smoothie for color. :fourleaf:

Back in the day when I would party and lived in Boston, we'd go see The Dropkick Murphys, they always play Beantown on St. Paddy's.

Growing up, my mom would make corned beef and cabbage with cornbread on the side.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Nowadays, I don't do anything but maybe today I'll add some spinach to my morning smoothie for color. :fourleaf:

Back in the day when I would party and lived in Boston, we'd go see The Dropkick Murphys, they always play Beantown on St. Paddy's.

Growing up, my mom would make corned beef and cabbage with cornbread on the side.
Love Dropkick Murphys. I've seen them multiple times. I've seen Flogging Molly, as well. Always a bunch of drunk shirtless guys in kilts who want to link arms and sing along with you at those shows. Lol. My mom made great corned beef, too.

Happy St. Paddy's Day, everyone.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
So in Colorado I remember we drank green beer, painted ourselves green and ran naked through the streets. Streaking was a big thing then.

What do you do to celebrate St. Patty's day?

I sometimes wear green on St. Patrick's Day. That was a big thing when I was a kid, although it doesn't appear to be that much of a deal nowadays.

My coffee cup is green.

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
I sometimes wear green on St. Patrick's Day. That was a big thing when I was a kid, although it doesn't appear to be that much of a deal nowadays.

My coffee cup is green.
When I was a kid it was a big thing. I still recall being in second grade, everyone wore green to school and we had to draw ourselves as a leprechaun then write our names beneath it, with O' in front of our last names. Which, even in that prehistoric time and to my 7 year old mind, was absurd. Most of the kids were BIPOC with last names that sounded ridiculous with O' added. LOL

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
When I was a kid it was a big thing. I still recall being in second grade, everyone wore green to school and we had to draw ourselves as a leprechaun then write our names beneath it, with O' in front of our last names. Which, even in that prehistoric time and to my 7 year old mind, was absurd. Most of the kids were BIPOC with last names that sounded ridiculous with O' added. LOL

I remember people saying things like "There's a little bit of Irish in all of us." I happen to be 1/16 Irish myself, through my maternal grandfather's line (which was mostly Cajun but with an Irish great-great grandmother).

I don't recall if we ever had to draw a leprechaun. I never did well at any of those elementary school art projects.

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
Now that I'm fully awake, I just noticed the t-shirt I'm wearing is green. It's not Irish-themed, though.

I added the spinach to my smoothie but it didn't turn it green, it's kinda grey.:p