• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Rama Navami :D

Andal

resident hypnotist
A very joyous and blessed Sri Rama Navami to everyone at Religious Forums :D

rama-coronation.jpg

Satsangi

What's Rama Navami?

It is the day when the God became Pragat as the Ramavatar. Thank u and wish u all a very blessed Rama Navami (9th day of the shukla part of the chaitra month, if I am correct). Lord Rama was born at the noon time. Valmiki Ramayana describes in details the Nakshaktra and many other things in details.

I had a blessed Rama Navami today. I attended our temple celebration. The Sanskrit chantings are the best, they have a unique undescribable effect and there is nothing like it anywhere except the Sanatana Dharma (include Dharmic religions).

There is a Shloka at the end of Vishnu Sahasranama (1008 names of Lord Vishnu). Devi Parvati asks Lord Shiva if there was a short way of reciting the Vishnu Sahasranama. Lord Shiva replies with the following Shloka:-

"Rama Rama Rameti , ramee Rame Manorame
Sahasranama tat tulyam Rama Nama Varanane."

Meaning, reciting Lord Rama's name is equal to reciting the Vishnu Sahasranama.

Regards,

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Oh, so basically Sri Rama's birthday.

Well, happy Sri Rama Navami! ^_^