• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Purim!

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Not a fan of the holiday, excessive drinking (whee!), Esther, or women in general? :)
Seriously?

Esther 9
Throughout the provinces of King Ahasuerus, the Jews mustered in their cities to attack those who sought their hurt; and no one could withstand them, for the fear of them had fallen upon all the peoples.​
Indeed, all the officials of the provinces—the satraps, the governors, and the king’s stewards—showed deference to the Jews, because the fear of Mordecai had fallen upon them.​
For Mordecai was now powerful in the royal palace, and his fame was spreading through all the provinces; the man Mordecai was growing ever more powerful.​
So the Jews struck at their enemies with the sword, slaying and destroying; they wreaked their will upon their enemies.​
In the fortress Shushan the Jews killed a total of five hundred men.​
They also killed Parshandatha, Dalphon, Aspatha,​
Poratha, Adalia, Aridatha,​
Parmashta, Arisai, Aridai, and Vaizatha,​
the ten sons of Haman son of Hammedatha, the foe of the Jews. But they did not lay hands on the spoil.​
When the number of those slain in the fortress Shushan was reported on that same day to the king,​
the king said to Queen Esther, “In the fortress Shushan alone the Jews have killed a total of five hundred men, as well as the ten sons of Haman. What then must they have done in the provinces of the realm! What is your wish now? It shall be granted you. And what else is your request? It shall be fulfilled.”​
“If it please Your Majesty,” Esther replied, “let the Jews in Shushan be permitted to act tomorrow also as they did today; and let Haman’s ten sons be impaled on the stake.”​
The king ordered that this should be done, and the decree was proclaimed in Shushan. Haman’s ten sons were impaled:​
and the Jews in Shushan mustered again on the fourteenth day of Adar and slew three hundred men in Shushan. But they did not lay hands on the spoil.​
The rest of the Jews, those in the king’s provinces, likewise mustered and fought for their lives. They disposed of their enemies, killing seventy-five thousand of their foes; but they did not lay hands on the spoil.​
That was on the thirteenth day of the month of Adar; and they rested on the fourteenth day and made it a day of feasting and merrymaking.​
(But the Jews in Shushan mustered on both the thirteenth and fourteenth days, and so rested on the fifteenth, and made it a day of feasting and merrymaking.)​

And then, of course, we have Baruch Goldstein. Yeah for us.

(No, it's not the booze, Esther, or "women in general".)

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
@Jayhawker Soule: You do realize that this is a story, right? A story in which what Haman had planned to do to the Jews was ironically turned around on him?

As for Brch Gldstn -- may his name be erased. ימח שמו

I believe that he merits that old Jewish curse as much as Haman in the story, or any of our enemies do. Not only for what he did (in real life -- not in a story), but also because it was through his hateful actions that he brought hatred down upon our people from those who really need very little excuse to hate us as it is. (And I'm not referring to Palestinians here, but instead to those who have always hated us.)

Last edited:

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
Yidcore - "They Tried To Kill Us. They Failed. Let's Eat!"
(Apologies for the Yiddish profanity in the lyrics.)

Four thousand years and its come to this
Four hummus-spewing idiots
Dodging airborne bottles, spit and flying fists
Which mostly missed
So don't hijack us for your politics
We're not heroes or heretics
We're just here to get some kicks
So drop the hate and raise your drinks

We're jokers in the war on prejudice
Crusades and blood libel myths
Inquisitions, Nazis, Stalinists, Neo-Nazi lunatics
We're holding out the truth to the revisionists
And laughing in the faces of conspiracists
Cause if we ran the world would we have time for this
Oh lech lehizdayen you pr*cks

This is not a call to arms
This is a celebration
We should be dead by now so we've exceeded expectations
We've seen so many rise and fall taken so many beatings
While you were empire building we were sitting back and eating

This is a celebration

We struggle just so we can eat
But we will never know defeat
Tradition in our veins runs strong
Our grandmothers know all our songs
We got no children got no wives
Our parents' guilt we have survived
And so for us please do not cry
We're having the time of our lives

This is a celebration

This is a celebration

rosends

Yidcore - "They Tried To Kill Us. They Failed. Let's Eat!"
(Apologies for the Yiddish profanity in the lyrics.)

Four thousand years and its come to this
Four hummus-spewing idiots
Dodging airborne bottles, spit and flying fists
Which mostly missed
So don't hijack us for your politics
We're not heroes or heretics
We're just here to get some kicks
So drop the hate and raise your drinks

We're jokers in the war on prejudice
Crusades and blood libel myths
Inquisitions, Nazis, Stalinists, Neo-Nazi lunatics
We're holding out the truth to the revisionists
And laughing in the faces of conspiracists
Cause if we ran the world would we have time for this
Oh lech lehizdayen you pr*cks

This is a celebration

This is a celebration

We struggle just so we can eat
But we will never know defeat
Tradition in our veins runs strong
Our grandmothers know all our songs
We got no children got no wives
Our parents' guilt we have survived
And so for us please do not cry
We're having the time of our lives

This is a celebration

This is a celebration
A great band and nice guys. Here is a picture of the lead singer and my niece who doesn't seem to care

1678219666789.png

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
A great band and nice guys. Here is a picture of the lead singer and my niece who doesn't seem to care
You've met these guys? Awesome! Your niece is adorable and I LOVE that picture of her with the lead singer! Is Yidcore still around as a group?

rosends

You've met these guys? Awesome! Your niece is adorable and I LOVE that picture of her with the lead singer! Is Yidcore still around as a group?
I don't think so -- the backstory is that my brother used to host small bands in his house (we even put out a CD of selections from many of the bands). Here is an old article about it My Dining Room | Interview Yidcore came and played (and when a band plays, they also hang out with the guests and the family). After we heard them here and spoke with them, we then went to another show of theirs local to where I live. Good stuff.

And that niece is currently in the Israeli army...

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think so -- the backstory is that my brother used to host small bands in his house (we even put out a CD of selections from many of the bands). Here is an old article about it My Dining Room | Interview Yidcore came and played (and when a band plays, they also hang out with the guests and the family). After we heard them here and spoke with them, we then went to another show of theirs local to where I live. Good stuff.

And that niece is currently in the Israeli army...

I clearly need to read your blog more frequently, as this is a side to you that I was not aware of! I didn't even know that there are people who support small bands (and many good causes, as well) by hosting them in their own homes. What an amazing thing to do! Thanks for that link to your brother's interview -- and cheers to that little niece of yours, grown up now and serving in the Israeli army.