• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Janmashtami 2017

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Happy Krishna Janmashtami!
GQrkbr.jpg

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
There is a temple in Rajasthan where the idols were fashioned by Lord Krishna's great-grandson, Vajranabha, son of Usha (daughter of Banasura) and Sri Aniruddha ji (son of Sri Pradyumna ji) - Sri Govind Dev Ji temple in Jaipur. The legend:

"According to hindu mythology, Vajranabha is the great-grandson of the Lord Krishna, sculpted with his own hand an astonishing idol of the Govind Dev Ji. About 5000 years ago, it is believed that when Vajranabha was at the age of 13, he asked his grandmother (wife of Sri Pradyumna ji) that how Krishna looked and after getting a detailed description of Lord Krishna, Vajranabha created the first image of the Krishna but the grandmother told him he needs to improve it as it looks only a little bit like the Lord Krishna but not exactly the same. So Vajranabha created second image but again the grandmother told him he still needs to improve it because it only looks half like the Lord Krishna. So then Vajranabha again created his third and the final image of the Lord Krishna. The grandmother told him that it completely looks like the Lord Krishna and pulled down her veil (In Rajathan, a daughter-in-law does not show her face to the father-in-law). Finally Vajranabha was very happy and image was named Vajrakrita which meaning created by Vajra."

The first one came to be known as "Madan Mohanji". The second one was called as Lord "Gopinathji" and the Third One, the likeness of Krishna is LORD "Govind Devji". :D

Govind-Devji-Temple-Jaipur.jpg

Govind Dev Ji Temple - Wikipedia
The complete story of Govind Dev Ji Temple In Jaipur - Rajputana Cabs

Last edited:

Viraja

Jaya Jagannatha!
Happy Janmaashtami to you too, ShivaFan ji! Namaste! :dancers: Hope you are having fun celebrating the event!

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Lord Krishna's Supreme transcendental form is too much for my eyes :D

Jai jai Govinda

12a5b5a00ac401770eabc80ae3e95ba6.jpg

DeviChaaya

Jai Ambe Gauri
Premium Member
Not gonna lie. First thought was 'get out of the butter, you little ****,' very affectionately. The same way I call my cats my little ****s. I know it sounds offensive but the word is used commonly in Australian slang.

Krishna is very beautiful, as always. Happy Birthday to the Poorna Avataram. Jai Shri Krishna. Jai, Jai, Jai, Gopalaji.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Not gonna lie. First thought was 'get out of the butter, you little ****,' very affectionately. The same way I call my cats my little ****s. I know it sounds offensive but the word is used commonly in Australian slang.

Krishna is very beautiful, as always. Happy Birthday to the Poorna Avataram. Jai Shri Krishna. Jai, Jai, Jai, Gopalaji.
As an aussie i can understand :D

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
The only thing I am doing is fasting and going to temple tonight after work for vahana seva, visesha puja, and aarti. I didn't go last night for Sri Krishna jananam and mangala aarti at midnight. One year I might take the two days off from work so I can go.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru