• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Laddu1

Today is the day I have been looking forward to for a couple of weeks. Govardhan puja

I have prepared two new dishes for this special occasion and they came out well :) (aloo jeery aka potatoes fried in spices, and 'simply wonderfuls' an iskcon sweet milk ball). Usually I don't cook much these days, and if I do then only to get something done quickly, or for my mom. But I pretty much never try out new recipes.

I have been missing my iskcon times a lot, and was all the more happy to be part of two livestreams from Iskcon London and Iskcon Vilnius (Lithuania), both places I visited and celebrated at in mid 2010s.

Even though I took photos, I am too tired to compile them now and will hopefully add them later. I also wanted to bathe my small shiva lingam in place of Govardhan shila but am too tired now..(I went for a walk earlier too). so I will do this on the weekend and then add photos for you (hopefully).

edit: it just turns out that I can't eat the simply wonderfuls because I can't always eat milk products and turns out I apparently can't eat milk powder either...

Anyone else celebrating?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I'm celebrating Skanda Shashti, and today is the second day. So many festivals, that a 'do everything' Hindu could fine one somewhere for every day of the year. Today is Day 2 of the Murugan festival. On the last day Murugan will be paraded at the temple I go to.

Happy Govardhan puja to you.

Laddu1

I'm celebrating Skanda Shashti, and today is the second day. So many festivals, that a 'do everything' Hindu could fine one somewhere for every day of the year. Today is Day 2 of the Murugan festival. On the last day Murugan will be paraded at the temple I go to.

Happy Govardhan puja to you.
Thank you! Oh parades sounds very fun, I wish you lots of fun!

ameyAtmA

~ ~
Premium Member
Today is the day I have been looking forward to for a couple of weeks. Govardhan puja

I have prepared two new dishes for this special occasion and they came out well :) (aloo jeery aka potatoes fried in spices, and 'simply wonderfuls' an iskcon sweet milk ball). Usually I don't cook much these days, and if I do then only to get something done quickly, or for my mom. But I pretty much never try out new recipes.

Anyone else celebrating?
That sounds yummy.
This year I spontaneously made a savory Govardhan out of yellow millet, green peas, spinach, topped with a dash of ghee ; dressed with chopped coriander for the grass on the hill. The peas that rolled off became the pebbles and boulders at the foothills.
My baby KRshNa dressed in light pink with a surprisingly matching pink necklace with the blue Kaustubh maNi in the center looked utterly cute, sitting in a tiny 3 inch plate on top of this savory Gorardhan.
He welcomed the change since He had already had 2 varieties of Diwali special laddoos (semolina and besan) the day before - on Narkachaturdashi.
The savoury Govardhan was actually an attempt to stay away from more sweet (last year I made the Govardhan out of rava laddoo mixture, and shredded coconut for the grass -- fat and sugar).

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Mother Shakambhari
dc-Cover-aeimv2t40l8cscsm1qevlmqgu0-20190717033044.Medi.jpeg

Mother Annapoorna providing food to Lord Shiva for people of Varanasi in times of a famine
devi-annapoorna-1503322309-lb.jpg