• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Festivus?

HelpMe

·´sociopathic meanderer`·
i believe it was on the 23rd, so sorry for being late.

thanks to seinfeld?

a festivus for the rest of us

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I feel so left out... Thanks to not having a TV at the time, I think I'm the one person in the world who doesn't know what "Festivus" is.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I don't know what "Festivus" is either. (That's because Feathers stole my TV when she didn't have one.) Could someone define the term?

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
OOOooo, I like the description of the components of it!

• "The Festivus Pole: During Festivus, an unadorned aluminum pole is displayed, apparently in opposition to the commercialization of decorated Christmas trees, and because the holiday's creator, Frank Costanza, "find tinsel distracting." Local customs have changed and you may be able to decorate your pole with non-threatening plain decorations.

• The Airing of Grievances: At the Festivus dinner, a participant tells friends and family all of the instances where they disappointed him or her that year.
  • The Feats of Strength: The head of the family tests his or her strength against one participant of the head's choosing. Festivus is not considered over until the head of the family has been pinned. A participant is allowed to decline to attempt to pin the head of the family only if they have something better to do instead"
Thanks for the link, Bastet!

And, hey, Sunstone! My crimes against humanity are limited to cutting the tags off of mattresses! :D