• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hanuman Jayanthi tomorrow (10th Jan 2024)

Viraja

Jaya Jagannatha!
Offering Betel leaf garland and 'Vada' (made of urad-dhal) garland is considered auspicious.

You may google to find out how to offer these garlands.

Jai Hanuman!

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Hanuman.jpg
Jai Hanuman! :)

I've been working on learning the Hanuman Chalisa. :)

Viraja

Jaya Jagannatha!
Just wanted to add that while I thought it is on 10th (tomorrow), my local temple is celebrating it on 11th (Thursday). They are going by Amavasya.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Jai Bajrang Bali. Bajrang is a colloquial way of saying 'Vajranga', body as tough as diamond. He is/should be the deity of students, granting Bala (strength) and Buddhi (Wisdom), and keeping away from distractions (Brahmacharya).

"Buddhiheen tanu jānake, sumira'un pawan kumar; bala buddhi vidhyā dehu mohi, harahu kalesh vikār."

Take me as an ignorant, with you in my mind, O son of the Wind God; give me strength, wisdom and knowledge, and take away my grief and weaknesses

Last edited: