• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hand in Hand?

molynn

Molynn
I was just wondering:
Do you feel that political ideology and religious ideology go hand in hand or is it possible to be a part of two seemingly different view points?

Example: Someone is politically conservative but also a Unitarian (typically very liberal). Or a Christian Communist (of course, I'm unfamiliar on the Christian perspective of Communism)?

Do you feel that being part of both is unhealthy spiritually or does it even matter?

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I have always believed that politics are religion are incompatible. Politics shouldn't be brought into religion and religion shouldn't brought into politics. I am not saying that a theist can't join a political party or anything, but the two should be separated. When a politician votes on something, he should vote for what the people want- that is what he was voted in for.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Molynn,

Hand in Hand?
I was just wondering:
Do you feel that political ideology and religious ideology go hand in hand or is it possible to be a part of two seemingly different view points?

Example: Someone is politically conservative but also a Unitarian (typically very liberal). Or a Christian Communist (of course, I'm unfamiliar on the Christian perspective of Communism)?

Do you feel that being part of both is unhealthy spiritually or does it even matter?

We are just human in form or else there is no differences between humans or anything we see or do not see; everything is simply *Energy*.
Religion is simply a way or a pth to merge back to that universal energy and one does that through various ways which is karma or action besides prayers, meditation, etc.
Those who understand this objective for them being a politician comes after their being a human and so their karma will be linked with dharma.
BUT, that is mostly not the case and so all these suffereings of huamns in society!
Love & rgds

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
As a Christian who is fiscally conservative, but socially libertarian, opposed to both abortion and the death penalty, abhorrant of discrimination but very protective of the rights of private individuals to be as discriminatory as they want to be - I have yet to find a political party that fits my theology.

For lack of a better word, I consider myself an Independent politically, though I rarely find myself able to vote for a Democrat (though I admit that I have several times).

I have absolutely no faith in either the Republican, Democrat, or Libertarian parties ability to govern our great, beautiful country ethically.